Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Hide Classified Button Fixed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/hide-classified-button-fixed-220404/)

TOTV Team 11-29-2016 09:51 AM

Hide Classified Button Fixed

Hello -

We believe we have the Hide Classified button feature working correctly. If you notice an issue feel free to let us know. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

Villager Joyce 11-29-2016 10:01 AM

Thank you for tbe early Christmas present!

Barefoot 11-29-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1327184)
Hello -
We believe we have the Hide Classified button feature working correctly. If you notice an issue feel free to let us know. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
TOTV Team

That is very good news, thanks.
The Hide Classified button now works instantly on my computer to hide ads.

The Hide Classified button doesn't have "memory" on my computer.
So I need to push Hide Classifieds each time I log in. But that's easy to do!

Thanks again for the fix.

spring_chicken 11-29-2016 10:11 AM

You have to push it each time you look at one thread, then click new posts, then wait 30 seconds and click Hide classifieds. EVERY time.

villagetinker 11-29-2016 10:14 AM

I agree with above, the hide button is still not sticky like it was before. After hitting the NEW Posts button, you have to wait and then hit it again to get rid of the classifieds. At least the political posts are not showing up.

Thank you for your continuing efforts in this matter.

Jaggy 11-29-2016 04:14 PM

I have to hit hide classified if I go to the 2nd page of posts.. and of course wait another 30 seconds to get back to page 2 because it will hide the ads but it puts me back on page one.. whew.. that is confusing statement .. sorry..

Jaggy 11-29-2016 04:17 PM

and good heavens.. a few of the posters in the classified look like they posted their entire household for sale.. they have numerous and i mean NUMEROUS ads posted.
ok. my rant is over

spring_chicken 11-29-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggy (Post 1327364)
and good heavens.. a few of the posters in the classified look like they posted their entire household for sale.. they have numerous and i mean NUMEROUS ads posted.
ok. my rant is over

One person posted the same ad 3 times!

njbchbum 11-29-2016 06:25 PM

It's too bad that when I click on the 'classifieds' menu tab all I get is a page with the header and footer of a totv page - no classifieds!

I get the same 'page' when I click on the 'original' link in a post for an item.

Oh well!

Makes me wonder why there can't be a 'hide' and a 'see' button for political posts.

Moderator 11-29-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 1327406)
It's too bad that when I click on the 'classifieds' menu tab all I get is a page with the header and footer of a totv page - no classifieds!

I get the same 'page' when I click on the 'original' link in a post for an item.

Oh well!

Makes me wonder why there can't be a 'hide' and a 'see' button for political posts.

Working fine here. The header and footer are the first items that load when clicking on the Classified button, but the rest should load within a few seconds. What browser and operating system are you using?

Debfrommaine 11-29-2016 07:35 PM

When I look at the Classifieds, the bottom two rows contain ads from Amazon with stuff for sale. After these two rows is where I can go to say, page 2, 3, etc on the Classifieds. Is there a way to get rid of the Amazon ads? Thanks

njbchbum 11-29-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1327407)
Working fine here. The header and footer are the first items that load when clicking on the Classified button, but the rest should load within a few seconds. What browser and operating system are you using?

windows vista - IE 9
rest of page does not load even after a few minutes

Two Bills 11-29-2016 09:27 PM

Where is this magic button? When it never worked I saw the link once or twice, top left, but now nothing.

Thnonne 11-30-2016 10:54 AM

Working great for me, thank you very much for fixing the hide classifieds button, it makes TOTV much more enjoyable for me.

VIN574 11-30-2016 02:03 PM

:BigApplause: