Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Friendly players (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/friendly-players-220509/)

Abigal 11-29-2016 04:58 PM

Friendly players

Okay so we are not great golf players on the executive course. You were not happy with our game and chose not to shake hands at the end. Whatever happened to Florida's Friendlist Hometown.

dewilson58 11-29-2016 05:20 PM

It's a marketing slogan.

spring_chicken 11-29-2016 05:24 PM

2 people out of 115k didn't shake your hand after a golf game and it isn't friendly. mmmk.
You probably aren't going to like it here. There are actually more than 2 rude people here.

golf2140 11-29-2016 05:24 PM

With 100,000+ residents, your going to have nitwits. Don't paint everyone with a broad brush

billethkid 11-29-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 1327384)
With 100,000+ residents, your going to have nitwits. Don't paint everyone with a broad brush

The rude and crude are isolated cases in the overall.

Barefoot 11-29-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abigal (Post 1327373)
Okay so we are not great golf players on the executive course. You were not happy with our game and chose not to shake hands at the end. Whatever happened to Florida's Friendlist Hometown.

Perhaps the other players didn't mean to be unfriendly. Did you have a dispute during the game?
I've found that usually people in The Villages are quite congenial, and I think you'll find the same.
Perhaps the other golfers were just focused on eating or getting to happy hour, or they were late for an event.

ColdNoMore 11-29-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

It might have been a good thing.

If they had shook your hands and you go to lunch, or their home, and find out then that they are jerks...you would have wasted a lot more time. :shrug:

Rapscallion St Croix 11-29-2016 07:43 PM

Invoking the two sides to every story clause, I would say that if you made the round extra long by taking mulligans, lining up six inch putts, counting your strokes while standing on the green after everyone has holed out, carded quintuple bogies, etc, the person who did not shake your hand was showing remarkable restraint.

Bogie Shooter 11-29-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

You just joined TOTV, when did you move to TV?

rubicon 11-30-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Abigail:

This time of year I choose not to shake hand because there are too many nasty bugs going around.

However it doesn't prevent me from acknowledging my pleasure to have met their acquaintance.

And I am old fashioned enough to still tip my hat to a lady. and so I tip my hat to you.

Personal Best Regards:

bagboy 11-30-2016 07:48 AM

It's quite possible the other players were having a tiff between themselves and had nothing to do with you. I wouldn't give it another thought.

Polar Bear 11-30-2016 09:32 AM

Just a thought...maybe you expected the hand-shake on the green and thought they were ignoring you by walking off?

Friendly exchanges after golf shouldn't be done on the last green. But for 'strangers', how to meet up for a quick hand shake off the green is not always obvious.

outlaw 12-01-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1327427)
Invoking the two sides to every story clause, I would say that if you made the round extra long by taking mulligans, lining up six inch putts, counting your strokes while standing on the green after everyone has holed out, carded quintuple bogies, etc, the person who did not shake your hand was showing remarkable restraint.

I was thinking the same thing.

Barefoot 12-01-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Abigal, I hope you come on again and explain what happened to make you think the other players were not happy with your game.
It might be a learning experience for a lot of us.

Dutchman 12-01-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

That's READY GOLF in the Villages!