Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Single Woman & Looking to Buy Here (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/single-woman-looking-buy-here-221074/)

ShabbyChick 12-03-2016 08:52 PM

Single Woman & Looking to Buy Here

I'm staying in The Villages until December 22nd and would like to meet other singles to learn more about what it's like to live here.

I play golf and love to dance.

LI SNOWBIRD 12-04-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabbyChick (Post 1329237)
I'm staying in The Villages until December 22nd and would like to meet other singles to learn more about what it's like to live here.

Congrats on your first post

PhillyJC 12-04-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabbyChick (Post 1329237)

Dear Shabby

I'm single and have been living here since June and it's awesome! IM me if you want to talk in more detail.

John

mysunshine1948 12-09-2016 06:26 PM

I would advise you NOT to move here! Been here a year.....wish I had not!!!!

cms36 12-09-2016 06:30 PM

Would you mind telling us why you feel that way?

golfing eagles 12-09-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 (Post 1331812)

But how do you REALLY feel???:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

raynan 12-09-2016 06:35 PM

We have a very active neighborhood with a lot of activities. Singles and couples get involved in everything. Plenty of things to do. There are 3 houses on Markridge Loop in Pennecamp available now. One is on golf course with Realty Executives, 2 with The Villages. The trick is to get into a neighborhood where everyone is friendly and lots to do. You join in as little or as much as you want.

Fredman 12-09-2016 06:43 PM

There is a post under the singles forum from Karen. She is hosting a singles party on the 15th. You might want to look into that.

chachacha 12-10-2016 08:53 AM

yes, i have already advised Fran about four parties this month before she leaves on the 22nd. there is another singles open house on the 25th also....we have an unclub get together coming up jan 28 and a Valentine's party already set. once you get to know a few other singles (and we are only one of many huge groups) your social calendar will be as full or as sparse as you want it to be :)

Bonnevie 12-10-2016 09:04 AM

get more opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 (Post 1331812)

I'm really sorry this poster feels so strongly. I have been here 3 years and feel it was the right choice for me. I moved into an established area and found several other single women on my street who are now my friends.

Had I stayed where I previously lived, I would be spending much more time alone as most of my friends were married. I knew I had to find a place that afforded me social opportunities.

Here I can decide just how social I want to be. I tend to enjoy time home alone so I'm not as active as some. But there's usually a club from ones' home state and they have meetings, etc. I met another single woman there who has become a good friend for doing things with. There are some alumni clubs that are very active. I belong to one because it's my sons alma mater. There's several clubs that women can join to do things with other women....the Juliets come to mind and Red Hat Societies. There is the Single Baby Boomers club if you meet the age criteria. There are so many possibilities of things to do you can't possibly do them all. If you golf there are singles clubs. if you take up pickleball you will get to know other players. I like to play trivia and started going on my own and eventually got asked to be on a couple of teams.

and if I feel like going to a movie by myself, I don't feel odd about it at all. many people do it.

now if one's hope is to find a partner....I can't speak to that as I'm happily single and have no desire to change that.