Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Moving down to The Villages in two weeks! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/moving-down-villages-two-weeks-223086/)

judebarsto 12-20-2016 05:50 PM

Moving down to The Villages in two weeks!

We are finally going to be occupying the home that we bought in Labelle two years ago. It's been rented (unfurnished) for the last one and a half years, and we haven't even lived in it yet. But that time has come! We are moving down to The Villages on January 6 and we are so excited.

Does anyone know of any social clubs or golf groups that have already been organized in North Labelle? We are looking forward to meeting our new neighbors and making some friends.

See you soon,
Judy and Steve
From the frozen tundra that is Buffalo, NY!

kcrazorbackfan 12-20-2016 07:30 PM

Congrats and welcome to Paradise; there is no other place like it. A lot of people moved here, adapted to a different lifestyle, the niceness of TV, the amenities and love it (the wife and I are in that group) :clap2:. Then there are others that moved here for all the same reasons and hate the developers because they are rich and bad-mouth them every chance they get :(chilout.

pqrstar 12-20-2016 07:42 PM

From a search of club listings online at http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf

LaBelle Fun Club 3rd Sat. 6:00 at Rohan Rec. Center
Ladies of LaBelle 2nd Fri. 12:00 noon Burnsed Rec. Center
Table Shuffleboard Labelle Mondays 3:30 at Eisenhower Rec. Center
Table Shuffleboard Labelles Wednesdays 6:00 Eisenhower Rec. Center

Nucky 12-20-2016 09:01 PM

From Buffalo to The Villages, Not that Buffalo isn't wonderful, your going to explode with happiness once you get here. There are several great car washes to get the salt from the road off your car once you arrive. All the best to you both. What a beautiful thing!

mikemalloy 12-20-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judebarsto (Post 1336281)
We are finally going to be occupying the home that we bought in Labelle two years ago. It's been rented (unfurnished) for the last one and a half years, and we haven't even lived in it yet. But that time has come! We are moving down to The Villages on January 6 and we are so excited.

Does anyone know of any social clubs or golf groups that have already been organized in North Labelle? We are looking forward to meeting our new neighbors and making some friends.

See you soon,
Judy and Steve
From the frozen tundra that is Buffalo, NY!

Here's my suggestion for what it's worth. Getting to know your neighbors is the secret to fun here in TV. I'd suggest that when you move in you host a little "meet and greet" Send invites to the folks on your street and host a get together on your driveway. You supply the beer and wine and ask folds to bring a snack dish. Many neighborhoods have golf groups and all sorts of social events. We have great time with the folks on our street and I'm sure we're not alone.

dewilson58 12-21-2016 07:58 AM

Congrats!!!!

JerryLBell 12-21-2016 03:16 PM

I'm right jealous! The wife and I are still a ways out from moving to our house in TV. Enjoy!

2BNTV 12-21-2016 04:23 PM

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream. :smiley:

I second a get together with your neighbors. Another way is to stick flyers in their screen doors or post a sign by the mail station. That's what is done in my neighborhood. Driveway parties are very popular.

judebarsto 12-21-2016 04:50 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions! Can't wait!
Judy

bookseller61 12-21-2016 07:52 PM

Bought our house in August of 2014 and have had it rented from the start but now we are about to retire within 10 months and move down by November. I've been reading all the posts about all the lucky people moving in and now it will be our turn soon. I cannot wait. Obsessed!

Toymeister 12-21-2016 09:26 PM

Well we feel much better having purchased in October 2016 with a planned occupancy of January 2021.

Kathrynsews 12-21-2016 10:03 PM

Welcome! You will love it and make friends quickly! We are fairly new and cannot believe how friendly everyone has been and how fast we felt like this is home. Wish we'd done it sooner!

Arubagirl33 12-24-2016 08:25 AM

Welcome!! There's a lot of Buffalonians in TV including us. Join the Buffalo Club, too.

judebarsto 12-24-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arubagirl33 (Post 1337436)
Welcome!! There's a lot of Buffalonians in TV including us. Join the Buffalo Club, too.

That's great? Next meeting?

Eastwind53 12-26-2016 01:22 PM

good luck. not like it use to be?