Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   I Will Pay $ (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/i-will-pay--223179/)

Spikearoni 12-21-2016 03:02 PM

I Will Pay $

I have an Apple MacBook-Pro laptop and would like to have a new printer installed. The printer is compatible with the laptop. If you know of a capable and knowledgeable individual who can do the job on Apple products, please advise. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

redwitch 12-21-2016 03:27 PM

Check the Mac Club. I'm sure someone there could help you out.

Spikearoni 12-22-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1336578)
Check the Mac Club. I'm sure someone there could help you out.

Thank you for your reply. I will check it out and appreciate your suggestion.

OldManTime 12-23-2016 09:33 AM

I can do it 4 you been with Apple since 1988

villagetinker 12-23-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikearoni (Post 1336572)
I have an Apple MacBook-Pro laptop and would like to have a new printer installed. The printer is compatible with the laptop. If you know of a capable and knowledgeable individual who can do the job on Apple products, please advise. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I am not familiar with Apple products, but I suspect they have similar capabilities of Windows systems. On my Windows computer, I just plug in the printer, the driver installs automatically, and I can print. The wireless can be a little more complicated, as the computer needs to 'discover' or find the printer on the wireless system, this seems to be more hit and miss.

Also, the printers typically have instructions for the installation on various systems. Were you able to use these, and the drivers did not install, or was there another problem? Are you using a wired (plug in) or wireless connection to the printer?
You may be able to get free support from the printer manufacturer, by calling or logging onto their website and using chat.

Also, there are several people on this forum with more computer background them myself, and hopefully they will reply.
Hope this helps.

photo1902 12-23-2016 12:12 PM

There is nothing magic, or different, about "installing" a printer on a Mac. I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Each printer install is painless. I'll be happy to help. Are you trying to install it via USB, or Wifi ?

Spikearoni 12-23-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1337174)
There is nothing magic, or different, about "installing" a printer on a Mac. I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Each printer install is painless. I'll be happy to help. Are you trying to install it via USB, or Wifi ?

I purchased a USB cable as I was told that I needed it for the installation. One issue with the MacBook Pro is that it does not accept disks. Therefore I am unable to use the disk that came with the HP printer.

photo1902 12-24-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikearoni (Post 1337372)
I purchased a USB cable as I was told that I needed it for the installation. One issue with the MacBook Pro is that it does not accept disks. Therefore I am unable to use the disk that came with the HP printer.

No worries. You can go on HP's website and download the software. I do this in lieu of the disk, as often times HP will have newer drivers and software versions online. If you can hold off until Monday or Tuesday of next week I'll be happy to call or come by. Whatever will work best for you. And no, there is no charge. I know how frustrating it can be to have something and not be able to use it.