Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   What's everyone cooking for Christmas dinner? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/whats-everyone-cooking-christmas-dinner-223307/)

jnieman 12-22-2016 05:44 PM

What's everyone cooking for Christmas dinner?

I'm cooking a prime rib with a salt, butter, rosemary and garlic rub served with au jus and horseradish/sourcream sauce. Roasted fresh brussell sprouts, carrots, hunks of onion tossed in olive oil, salt/pepper. Twice baked potatoes. salad, homemade bread and butter and dessert.

CFrance 12-22-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1336957)
I'm cooking a prime rib with a salt, butter, rosemary and garlic rub served with au jus and horseradish/sourcream sauce. Roasted fresh brussell sprouts, carrots, hunks of onion tossed in olive oil, salt/pepper. Twice baked potatoes. salad, homemade bread and butter and dessert.

Address and time?:icon_hungry:

DonH57 12-22-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1336962)
Address and time?:icon_hungry:

Ya beat me to it!:ho:

ColdNoMore 12-22-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1336957)

Name your price per serving. :mmmm:

No need for another place setting...and will bring own take-out containers. :D

jnieman 12-22-2016 06:45 PM

Ok, so share what you guys are cooking! It's just my husband and me. We had our family Christmas last week and it seemed like we should still have a big dinner so today we went to Publix and bought everything. Oh and I forgot Publix had lobster tails for $5.00 each and I bought two!

Sable99 12-22-2016 06:47 PM

We are getting Cody's takeout. We pick it up on Saturday and heat it up on Sunday. The meal is for four and that way the three of us should get a few leftovers! We have never done this before so I hope it is good! The manager told us they do 100 meals for Thanksgiving and around 50 for Christmas.

We were going to go to Hacienda Hills Country Club but that is a buffet and we don't eat that much!

Jima64 12-22-2016 07:15 PM

Ham for two, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower.

Jaggy 12-22-2016 07:41 PM

Spiral ham.. scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, rolls and pecan pie for desert !!

784caroline 12-22-2016 07:48 PM

Prime Rib here for Xmas Eve......birthday celebration!!!

Bitsee 12-22-2016 08:32 PM

We are having my signiture french onion soup to start, fresh pork tenderloin with a pineapple honey glaze, Real mashed potatoes with garlic and a savory gravy simmered in the pork tenderloin juices.
Fresh green beans with roasted walnuts and pearl onions, and of course my mothers" vintage recipe" cinnamon crab apples that my grandmother made on the farm for holidays only. We are not real big dessert folks, so for the finale I purchased Russell Stovers peppermint bark candy that will compliment freshly brewed coffee for all our guests ~ Happy Holiday's !

raynan 12-22-2016 08:33 PM

Spiral baked glazed ham with sliced pineapple, augrauten potatoes, homemade Boston baked beans, salad and rolls, apple pie.

Madelaine Amee 12-22-2016 08:41 PM

Boneless Turkey Breast, Sausage sage and onion stuffing, Brussels and cauliflower with cheese sauce, oven roasted potatoes. Followed by whatever we want .... the freezer is packed with great stuff.

retiredguy123 12-22-2016 09:15 PM

I'm going to open a can of Spam which I have been saving for a special occasion.

OpusX1 12-22-2016 09:20 PM

Whole prime filet From fresh market. Stuffed with grilled onions, bacon, capers, and sharp cheddar cheese. Antipasto salad and a lobster tail per person. Grape pie for desert. Plenty for 8 of us.

CFrance 12-22-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1337026)
I'm going to open a can of Spam which I have been saving for a special occasion.

It's pretty good with grape jelly on it.barf