Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   God Bless The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/god-bless-villages-223474/)

Putt4Dough 12-24-2016 06:48 PM

God Bless The Villages

This afternoon I played 9 holes at Briarwood executive

It was 78 degrees, and a nice gentleman joined me on the first tee

There was nobody in front of us the whole nine, nobody cut me off in a roundabout, boxed me in, or ice picked my tires. I hit 7 out of 9 greens and made 7 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogie. The greens were great and ran true. It was a great Christmas eve afternoon.

That is all :spoken:

Investment Painting Contractors 12-24-2016 07:10 PM

Dear Putt now that's the kind of post we should have on Christmas eve. Merry Christmas from Len & Mary

VIN574 12-24-2016 08:17 PM

:BigApplause:

Putt4Dough 12-24-2016 08:41 PM

A few more details about my day. Before golf I went to my local Publix, it was a bit crowded but I got everything I needed including 6-7 BOGOs, and was checked out less than 5 minutes after entering a line. Everybody said Merry Christmas. I had no problems finding a place to park my cart.

Then I went to my neighborhood post office. I parked sideways cuz nobody was there, gave my Postperson a tip for the Holidays and was out of there before anyone could have a fit. Several dog walkers could be seen with poop bags obeying the rules. Then I went home and had a drink.

PS I stopped almost completly at all stop signs, and used the snazzy turn signal mirrors on my cart religiously.

kcrazorbackfan 12-24-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putt4Dough (Post 1337679)
This afternoon I played 9 holes at Briarwood executive

It was 78 degrees, and a nice gentleman joined me on the first tee

There was nobody in front of us the whole nine, nobody cut me off in a roundabout, boxed me in, or ice picked my tires. I hit 7 out of 9 greens and made 7 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogie. The greens were great and ran true. It was a great Christmas eve afternoon.

That is all :spoken:

It is Paradise. Oops, you forgot to mention no one was probably whining and complaining about our Ambassador's looking for balls in "environmentally sensitive" areas (another post).

Nucky 12-24-2016 08:56 PM

Come on Peace On Earth For 24 Hours. This place is saving my life and it is what you make out of it. Merry Christmas To All. GE put up an observation not a verdict on someone who was willing to risk all for new balls!!! Just Nuts!!

ConnieNonnie 12-24-2016 09:10 PM

Merry Xmas everyone. I will be golfing for the very 1st time tomorrow on Xmas day 2016.
My favorite cousin in the whole wid world, Connie ( we're named after our grandmother) is
Taking me to Chula to golf, then cooking a spiral ham for dinner. Loving it.

Putt4Dough 12-24-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1337698)
It is Paradise. Oops, you forgot to mention no one was probably whining and complaining about our Ambassador's looking for balls in "environmentally sensitive" areas (another post).

The last people I will worry about are Golf Ambassadors who have a thankless job for minimum wages, I'd probably tell the guy to watch out for crocs and if he had good deals on some Titleists we could talk.

Its amazing to me what people here get bothered about when all they need to concentrate on is having fun. Or not....

RickeyD 12-24-2016 10:00 PM

I've retired officially as of 2 weeks ago with my best friend, and man's best friend in the most beautiful place I've ever had the privilege of living. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !

Nucky 12-24-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1337709)
I've retired officially as of 2 weeks ago with my best friend, and man's best friend in the most beautiful place I've ever had the privilege of living. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !

Congratulations RickeyD, Health & Happiness coming your way! :thumbup:

rubicon 12-25-2016 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putt4Dough (Post 1337708)
The last people I will worry about are Golf Ambassadors who have a thankless job for minimum wages, I'd probably tell the guy to watch out for crocs and if he had good deals on some Titleists we could talk.

Its amazing to me what people here get bothered about when all they need to concentrate on is having fun. Or not....

In all due respect the resident who posted about the ambassador hawking for balls in high water was expressing "a sight seldom seen". You mis-characterize his comments when you use the term "worry"

God Bless America

OCsun 12-25-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putt4Dough (Post 1337697)
A few more details about my day. Before golf I went to my local Publix, it was a bit crowded but I got everything I needed including 6-7 BOGOs, and was checked out less than 5 minutes after entering a line. Everybody said Merry Christmas. I had no problems finding a place to park my cart.

Then I went to my neighborhood post office. I parked sideways cuz nobody was there, gave my Postperson a tip for the Holidays and was out of there before anyone could have a fit. Several dog walkers could be seen with poop bags obeying the rules. Then I went home and had a drink.

PS I stopped almost completly at all stop signs, and used the snazzy turn signal mirrors on my cart religiously.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: I like the way you think!

golfing eagles 12-25-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1337739)
In all due respect the resident who posted about the ambassador hawking for balls in high water was expressing "a sight seldom seen". You mis-characterize his comments when you use the term "worry"

God Bless America

It's OK Ruby, it's obvious that poster just didn't get it. It's the Holiday season and we all have a lot on our minds. I thought the uniqueness of the observation was worth noting, but the subtlety of the slightly political comment "above the law" followed by the tag line of Fox news may have escaped him.

By the way, I know this ambassador well, he is about the nicest guy on the planet. I've seen him just about every day he works for over a year and spoken with him frequently. He even helped me deal with a dead tree on the golf course. I was concerned that he waded into that water further than I've ever seen anyone.

To the person who posted that comment: If you had been on this site more frequently and for a longer time, you would know I have had nothing but praise for our ambassadors and have vigorously defended them against petty attacks on TOTV

In either case, there is no ill will at this end

Merry Christmas

Bay Kid 12-25-2016 08:15 AM

Merry Christmas to all! Peace on earth everyday

Boudicca 12-25-2016 09:44 AM

Now THAT is an uplifting post. We really do live in a wonderful town where the vast majority of folks are civil, obey the rules, and maintain their homes with pride. Add to that, many smiling faces and cheery "good morning"s MERRY CHRISTMAS