Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Looking for new lawn mowing company that also weeds (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/looking-new-lawn-mowing-company-also-weeds-224034/)

JimCassara 12-30-2016 03:19 PM

Looking for new lawn mowing company that also weeds

We are looking to change our mowing company. Want reputable lawn mowing & weeding company. Any recommendations?

villagetinker 12-30-2016 03:28 PM

You may be limited if you are looking for a firm that actually PULLS or dig out weeds, if however, spraying for weeds is acceptable, I have been using Deans for almost 3.5 years. I am happy with their work, and their responsiveness to all of my concerns.

JimCassara 12-30-2016 03:46 PM

Thanks!

olgreeneyes 12-30-2016 03:48 PM

Choice Maintenance - 352-502-2880. Nice, dependable, good workers, good work.

Opmoochler 12-30-2016 08:26 PM

A vote for Deans

We also use Deans for everything to do with our landscape, as did the previous owners. If you speak to the techs, who are the same each time for their specific jobs, they are very accommodating. They don't normally spray citrus trees for pests, but will if you ask. Two applications later and both my trees are looking much happier. I was assured that they would continue to spray and fertilize them when needed.

rivaridger1 12-31-2016 05:16 PM

If you purchase one of dual deals including " weeding " be sure to watch the workers. Oft times they are the lowest guys on the totem pole and take short cuts. We had this service one time from one of the bigger companies and they thought nothing about thoroughly spraying weeds sprouting directly adjacent to expensive palms, ornamentals and succulents. Could not figure out why some of the good stuff was dying back and looking sickly until we saw them in the act. Got tired of dealing with the hassle of reporting it to a supervisor only to have new guys show up the next time around and start all over again. Now we just keep a really big container of Round Up in the garage a spray the little monsters a couple of time a month. If you buy a service because you are a " snowbird " be prepared to be disappointed. If you are not, you made a good choice.

Paperboy 12-31-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivaridger1 (Post 1340589)
If you purchase one of dual deals including " weeding " be sure to watch the workers. Oft times they are the lowest guys on the totem pole and take short cuts. We had this service one time from one of the bigger companies and they thought nothing about thoroughly spraying weeds sprouting directly adjacent to expensive palms, ornamentals and succulents. Could not figure out why some of the good stuff was dying back and looking sickly until we saw them in the act. Got tired of dealing with the hassle of reporting it to a supervisor only to have new guys show up the next time around and start all over again. Now we just keep a really big container of Round Up in the garage a spray the little monsters a couple of time a month. If you buy a service because you are a " snowbird " be prepared to be disappointed. If you are not, you made a good choice.

I am a snow bird & I just fired Dean's today; had them, since May 2016. When I got here the end of Oct. there was cob webs on the garage door & a couple of hills of fire ants; called @ 7:45 A.M. the next day & it took them 48+ hrs. to address the problem. The sales man told me in May that they DO fertilize palms BUT when I talked to the tech he said they NEVER fertilize palms. They will tell you anything to sign up & by the way I am still waiting for the Deans salesman to call me back SINCE the end of Oct. I guess that the customer is NOT PRIORITY ONE with them.

Choice Maintenance 12-31-2016 11:04 PM

Thanks for the referral above! We actually have a separate weeding tech that handles all of our weeds in beds customers, it is not a "dual" service like most other mowing companies provide. Our tech pulls large weeds and sprays the smaller weeds. He also pulls any weeds in the shrubs where he isn't able to spray. Give us a call and I'd love to give you a quote and explain how we operate.

Thanks,
Tate Parada
Choice Maintenance
352-502-2880