Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   STOP IT! You're going to get yourself and others killed or injured. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/stop-youre-going-get-yourself-others-killed-injured-224968/)

kcrazorbackfan 01-06-2017 04:47 PM

STOP IT! You're going to get yourself and others killed or injured.

To the cart drivers in the diamond lanes that don't merge into the left lane to turn and wait until that last possible moment - STOP IT. You're endangering yourselves and others. Use common sense driving that cart.

Shimpy 01-06-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1343495)
To the cart drivers in the diamond lanes that don't merge into the left lane to turn and wait until that last possible moment - STOP IT. You're endangering yourselves and others. Use common sense driving that cart.

:BigApplause:

Two Bills 01-06-2017 06:19 PM

You could include the dipsticks who turn left in the right hand lane at roundabouts.

kcrazorbackfan 01-06-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1343514)
You could include the dipsticks who turn left in the right hand lane at roundabouts.

That's for another post. Heading to the Savannah Center, a numnut turned in front of me on St. Charles. 😡😡😡

Edjkoz 01-06-2017 09:04 PM

You can also include car drivers who try to beat golf carts to the merge because they will be delayed 20 seconds on their important trip to the supermarket

Nucky 01-06-2017 09:26 PM

Who gets credit for saying each car & cart is Kryptonite to me. Bravo

DonH57 01-07-2017 01:29 AM

This morning I read a letter to the editor of the @#$&&!*^- "(-s by a woman informing people that you must make your left hand turn from the cart lane and if you don't you are not doing it right. Believe me she got corrected by a few responses. Her advice would get some people hurt or killed. I had to pinch myself to believe I was not dreaming.

dnobles 01-07-2017 06:13 AM

I read that a couple times yesterday myself I couldn't believe what she was saying Oh My I don want to ride with her

Chatbrat 01-07-2017 07:40 AM

another brain surgeon, blew thru 2 stop signs in from of the St.James gate yesterday--could have nailed him if I was just a little bit quicker--I'll get me a golf cart --this season--anyone know is thar a limit on golf cars or are they catch & release and is there an open season on them-- they are so easy to get-- if they were fish they would be the equivalent of jumping into the boat

Honestly--if your driving a golf cart with precious cargo--learn the rules & be careful--you are sharing the road with lots of people who are no longer as reactive as they should be, need to see an eye dr., or have other infirmities

golfing eagles 01-07-2017 08:29 AM

Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Challenger 01-07-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edjkoz (Post 1343577)
You can also include car drivers who try to beat golf carts to the merge because they will be delayed 20 seconds on their important trip to the supermarket

probably only 5 seconds

Rebecca2025 01-07-2017 10:03 AM

I had one yesterday, when his cart lane ended, he didn't even look to merge. Goodthing there was no on coming traffic on Canal st. he was even with my passenger door and just came over. when your lane ends wait and merge......

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 01-07-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1343495)

I was driving in my car a few days and there was a guy in the golf cart lane. Just as I was about to go by him, he stuck his arm and began to pull in front of me. I swerved to the left to avoid him at which point he went back into the golf cart lane. As I passed him, he gave me the finger. When I got a few hundred yards down the road, I looked in my mirror and saw that he was still int he golf cart lane.
I can't imagine what was going through his head. You don't just stick out you arm and merge without seeing that it is safe to do so. And then he was mad at me. And then, he never even made a left hand turn.
I hope the guy is alright.

Chatbrat 01-07-2017 11:05 AM

Golf Carts come equipped with an auto turn feature-- its directly linked to the driver's left arm which is also linked to the driver's left knee that is normally outside of the cart & acts as a fender feeler-- before the cart touches an other object

Miles42 01-07-2017 11:26 AM

Not about who is right or wrong. The sad fact is it doesn't make it any better if you are right and dead or badly injured.