Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   you think TV water is drinkable (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/you-think-tv-water-drinkable-224980/)

TheDude 01-06-2017 07:32 PM

you think TV water is drinkable

I dislike it so much. Leaves an aftertaste that lingers. What do you all think?

villagetinker 01-06-2017 07:34 PM

We installed a Sears whole house filter and a Sears water softener, the resulting water is great, to the point that we do not buy bottled water.

Polar Bear 01-06-2017 08:17 PM

We went with Nova. We are very pleased.

Hancle704 01-06-2017 08:27 PM

A slice of lemon handles it for me.

SFuller 01-06-2017 08:37 PM

Whirlpool Central house filtration system did it for us, doesn't need salt or additives, just need a plumber with experience to hook it up....inexpensive ....Lowe's off the shelf......

Edjkoz 01-06-2017 08:59 PM

Mike Scot plumbing put a filter in for us and it works great

Carla B 01-06-2017 08:59 PM

Water filtered water at the sink and the refrigerator has tasted good for eight years. Water from unfiltered faucets tastes really bad. IMHO.

Bonny 01-06-2017 09:14 PM

We've been here 16 1/2 years. We always drink the tap water.

kellyjam 01-06-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1343544)
We went with Nova. We are very pleased.

Another vote for Nova.:thumbup:

ColdNoMore 01-06-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDude (Post 1343533)
I dislike it so much. Leaves an aftertaste that lingers. What do you all think?

To anyone that has had decent public water, or have taste buds that work...it's pretty bad.

Bottled water and a filter on the fridge (mostly for coffee) is the only water I'll drink...if I have a choice. :shrug:

retiredguy123 01-06-2017 10:10 PM

I cannot understand why you would want to filter all the water in your house, when you can get filtered drinking water from your refrigerator or bottled water. Also, I don't see the need for a water softener. The Villages water is as good as any water I have ever had, and it is not hard water. Just my opinion, but I have never used a water softener or filter anywhere I have lived. Are you sure that the water filters you use are not a source for contamination? If you want to experience hard water, go to Saudi Arabia. I lived there for a year and survived just fine.

NYGUY 01-06-2017 10:17 PM

I think you will find your answer in this thread: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...ght=nova+water

birdiebill 01-07-2017 07:12 AM

Another vote for NOVA

When we moved into our new home in Osceola Hills, we did not like the chemical taste of the water. We had the NOVA filter system installed and can now drink water from any faucet without any of the chemical taste that was present prior to the NOVA system. The water has no taste. The hardness is acceptable.

Cedwards38 01-07-2017 07:24 AM

Seems fine to me. Do you have the same aftertaste issue when you make coffee or tea?

rubicon 01-07-2017 07:39 AM

I have no idea if an expensive filtering system is really necessary but generally shy away from such claims. it would appear that providing clean drinkable water is a responsibility not taken lightly by the people regulated to protect our water sources and operations. However,

A poster cited another thread that spoke to the NOVA system. The OP displayed a photo showing the comparison between a new filter to the one being replace. The former filter is white and latter filter is brown. But what does that brown tinge represent and is it harmful? Medical people claim a drawback on drinking just bottle water is the benefit of minerals contained in water.

Like the vast majority of people living here we have a refrigerator with a water filter. We use it primarily for drinking . The cost to replace these filters has been drastically reduced especially if you buy on line. Any other uses are cooking with water and hygiene regimes