Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Question about Courtyard Villas (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/question-about-courtyard-villas-229006/)

Love2Swim 02-03-2017 02:57 PM

Question about Courtyard Villas

We are considering purchasing a courtyard villa that backs up to Lake Sumter. Our concern is the noise level from neighbors to the side. For those who actually live in courtyard villas, do you find you can hear a lot of noise from your side neighbors? We would back up to the water, so no worries about sound problems from behind. thanks!

Henryk 02-03-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Swim (Post 1355619)
We are considering purchasing a courtyard villa that backs up to Lake Sumter. Our concern is the noise level from neighbors to the side. For those who actually live in courtyard villas, do you find you can hear a lot of noise from your side neighbors? We would back up to the water, so no worries about sound problems from behind. thanks!

My husband and I bought a courtyard villa. The primary reason is that we have a dog who has no appreciation for moving vehicles. As to your question, our neighborhood villas are very quiet. You certainly hear people come and go, carts, and the occasional contractor, landscaper, etc. But those happen everywhere. It is really pretty rare to hear people outdoors. For some reason, they mostly remain indoors, but I'm outside as much as possible. In summary, there's really not lot of noise. However, since you will be on Lake Sumter, you should visit the villa at night to see if the music from downtown is acceptable.

I might add, you may enjoy the extra privacy imparted by the villa walls. And no one can complain about your yard decorations!

:welcome:

REDCART 02-03-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

We've lived in a CYV since 2005. We are surronded on all sides. Noise from our neighbors has never been an issue. Of course if you have unreasonable people, noise could be a problem. But that's equally true of patio villas and designer homes. It's really the luck of the drawer, as you'll know doubt hear from others.

Love2Swim 02-03-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henryk (Post 1355624)
My husband and I bought a courtyard villa. The primary reason is that we have a dog who has no appreciation for moving vehicles. As to your question, our neighborhood villas are very quiet. You certainly hear people come and go, carts, and the occasional contractor, landscaper, etc. But those happen everywhere. It is really pretty rare to hear people outdoors. For some reason, they mostly remain indoors, but I'm outside as much as possible. In summary, there's really not lot of noise. However, since you will be on Lake Sumter, you should visit the villa at night to see if the music from downtown is acceptable.

I might add, you may enjoy the extra privacy imparted by the villa walls. And no one can complain about your yard decorations!

:welcome:

Thank you for your reply. Im sure we will enjoy the privacy of the walls should we purchase. Great idea about checking out the night noise level!

Nucky 02-03-2017 03:40 PM

When we were in the Lifestyle CYV we were surrounded by people who were having a blast like they were being sent to jail tomorrow but the strangest thing at 9pm all action stopped completely. The house was really set up nicely but it was too big for us. If it helps I don't remember ever reading about noisy neighbors on here but you really never know until you live there. Maybe the seller would go for a use and occupancy arrangement so you could give the house a test ride. Good Luck.

600th Photo Sq 02-03-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

The Court Yard Villas that you are considering are unique compared to most other Courtyard Villas.

The Villas at Sumter Landing were at one time a very good investment ..that said I believe they are way overpriced compared to others..plus they were built quite awhile ago.

From my understanding those Villas have a lot of renters. Also some factors to consider, Traffic..Noise..especially from the nightly entertainment, smell yes smell from the many, many restaurants. All depends on which way the wind is blowing.

A plus ..Winn Dixie, Market Square, Convenience to a degree..but it could grow old in a very short time.

Courtyard Villas are great...very quiet..most have little or no grass..so no lawn mower noise from the neighbors.

There is always the possibility of a barking dog(s) but that could happen anywhere..got a cat..hey let him/her out in the courtyard for a stroll providing of course the cat can't jump very high..ours is to big to jump.

There are many,many nice Courtyard Villas on the market..much nicer than the ones @Sumter Landing..look around the Pennecamp area..very central, easy for travel to Sumter Landing, and Brownwood, and the Country Club Restaurants.

Recreation Centers ? Fishhawk,Sterling Heights,Lake Miona,
Seabreeze..really easy.

Also on 466A not to far from the Pennecamp area, development is in the the process Lowe's, Aldi's etc.etc going on.

Nearby is Winn Dixie, Walgreens, Gas Station, Banks. and a Publix Supermarket.

By the time you dump money into one of those Villas @Sumter to modernize it..you could end up wishing you considered somewhere else.

Hope this helps you. Bet your excited..and so you should be.

justjim 02-04-2017 09:46 AM

Noise factor is strictly the "luck of the draw" because you don't pick your neighbors. We sold our villa a few years ago to a couple who was moving (out of a ranch home) because their neighbors they said "partied all the time." They were tired of "confrontation". This is certainly the exception and not the rule in The Villages. We have great neighbors and that is the general rule in TV.

champion6 02-04-2017 09:51 AM

One more "luck of the draw" factor ... smoke, cigarette or cigar.

kstew43 02-04-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1355879)
One more "luck of the draw" factor ... smoke, cigarette or cigar.

and don't forget barking...whineing dogs and music....

been there...done that.....

Radioman41 02-04-2017 11:56 AM

For years they were used for Lifestyle visitors. When we visited in 2010 we stayed in one of those courtyard villas. They are very convenient to the town square. I wonder if The Villages replaced the HVAC, appliances, and carpets before putting them on the market.

big guy 02-04-2017 12:56 PM

We own a cyv in Spanish Springs and bought it with the bond paid. We took what a bond wqould have cost and brought it up to date. We are close to everything without being too close. There is an empty field behind us so no noise there. Where we hear noise is through the exhaust fan if the neighbors are on their patio. Hasn't been a problem yet but it is a bit strange. I feel that I have to whisper when I am in the bathroom.

perrjojo 02-04-2017 06:08 PM

We are lucky but we do have friends with noisy neighbors.

asianthree 02-04-2017 06:39 PM

We stayed there twice on lifestyle visit. Very convenient, when the model came up for sale that we stayed in, it was almost the same, right down to the broken knife in the block set. Same roof, same carpet, same furniture. It was somewhat loud at times with echo off the walls. We passed on the house, thought sell price was not worth it

TheDude 02-04-2017 09:49 PM

if you have ever lived in an apartment before then a Courtyard Villa will be heaven.

Spikearoni 02-05-2017 12:04 AM

We are currently living in a cyv and enjoy the privacy that a walled in yard provides. However, I can definitely hear my neighbor, a single guy, when he is on his cell phone. At first I thought that he must be on his lanai, but he was actually in his house. We have yet to figure out the reason as the villas are unattached. When I am in our master bathroom and he is on the phone, speaking at a normal voice level, I am able to hear every word he's saying. So far, he hasn't said anything negative about us!:)