Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Tree Removal (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/tree-removal-229405/)

cappy228 02-06-2017 04:08 PM

Tree Removal

Are there restrictions to removind trees on my properrty such as Oak or Palm?

rubicon 02-06-2017 04:28 PM

Oaks

lanabanana73 02-06-2017 04:56 PM

There sure are! If the oak tree is greater than 4" in diameter, you must go through the ARC for permission to remove it. We just went through this, as we wanted to replace it with a palm and were denied! Not happy.

Shimpy 02-06-2017 05:44 PM

Restrictions, yes. I don't see their reasoning though. If I plant an egg corn and it grows into a oak tree, then I should be able to remove it since it wouldn't be there if I didn't plant it.

villagetinker 02-06-2017 06:08 PM

Call ARC or stop by the office, Lake Sumter Landing the archway close to Starbucks, and get the specific info for your CDD, but in general you cannot remove a tree over 4 inches in diameter. There maybe exceptions if the tree is causing damage. Also, be very sure you are using a licensed tree removal service, especially in Lake County. If I recall correctly, the fine for illegal tree removal is $500.
Hope this helps.

theorem painter 02-07-2017 07:18 AM

If you live in a patio villa you can remove any tree without permission of the ARC.

Challenger 02-07-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theorem painter (Post 1357151)
If you live in a patio villa you can remove any tree without permission of the ARC.

Interesting!! Can you cite a source for this statement?

Bogie Shooter 02-07-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappy228 (Post 1356926)
Are there restrictions to removind trees on my properrty such as Oak or Palm?

Its in your deed restrictions.

cappy228 02-13-2017 06:00 PM

thank you all for replying.

Thanks for responding

RickeyD 02-13-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 1356969)
Restrictions, yes. I don't see their reasoning though. If I plant an egg corn and it grows into a oak tree, then I should be able to remove it since it wouldn't be there if I didn't plant it.

God created you, which gave you the ability to plant the seed. Only God can make a tree and only the ARC can deny your free will.

theorem painter 02-14-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1357217)
Interesting!! Can you cite a source for this statement?

ARC. Just send them an email and ask.

rubicon 02-14-2017 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1360035)
God created you, which gave you the ability to plant the seed. Only God can make a tree and only the ARC can deny your free will.

You know I had a neighbor up north with that same philosophy. His mantra when it came to snowstorms. God put the snow there let him take it away. god made the grass grow let him cut it. Needless to say he didn't have a friend anywhere in the development and the town cited him several times for leaving his car on the street when they plowed. he left his car in the street because he refused snow removal from his driveway

RickeyD 02-14-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1360165)
You know I had a neighbor up north with that same philosophy. His mantra when it came to snowstorms. God put the snow there let him take it away. god made the grass grow let him cut it. Needless to say he didn't have a friend anywhere in the development and the town cited him several times for leaving his car on the street when they plowed. he left his car in the street because he refused snow removal from his driveway

You missed my point. Think, Matthew 22:21

graciegirl 02-14-2017 09:44 AM

I have searched for the state protected species rules. Can't find the agency, the one that had lowered the boom on the folks who cut down the big Live Oak trees in the reserve behind their home in Bridgeport at Lake Miona.

I think it goes further than just our Architectural Board. It has something to do with the St. John's River Authority or some bunch that has teeth about this.

I think the Live Oaks are lovely in other people's property and if you have one in yours and it is less than four inches in diameter, then you CAN without any kind of penalty remove it, but I can't find the authority that says that.

Carla B 02-14-2017 10:27 AM

The agency involved in the Bridgeport Lake Miona incident was the Southwest Florida Water Management District which manages the wetlands behind those homes. Golf Management System faced no restrictions cutting down 27 live oak trees with diameters ranging from 8" to 19" all at once on one of Havana CC's golf courses.