Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Deed Restriction Enforcement (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/deed-restriction-enforcement-230165/)

N44125 02-12-2017 11:35 AM

Deed Restriction Enforcement

I read the article on this subject in yesterday's 'other' newspaper. I went on Google Maps and it was quite easy to identify which property this was...their driveway was full of golf carts...even in this obviously dated view. I then drove over there this morning and found the current condition equally disgusting.

My questions are: How could this ever be alllowed to get to this situation? Will the new rules be able to correct this problem? I'm surprised that the neighbor's home value has only decrease by 6-8K. I thought it would be more.

graciegirl 02-12-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N44125 (Post 1359390)
I read the article on this subject in yesterday's 'other' newspaper. I went on Google Maps and it was quite easy to identify which property this was...their driveway was full of golf carts...even in this obviously dated view. I then drove over there this morning and found the current condition equally disgusting.

My questions are: How could this ever be alllowed to get to this situation? Will the new rules be able to correct this problem? I'm surprised that the neighbor's home value has only decrease by 6-8K. I thought it would be more.

I am a huge supporter of deed restrictions. In the past there were fewer deed restrictions north of 466 and you could easily see the sometimes over the top lawn art there.

Deed restrictions are simply a way to protect everyone's investment. IMHO. I hope they can make this guy stop his at home business. He can rent a place out of his residential neighborhood if he wants to run a business.

Sandtrap328 02-12-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1359416)
I am a huge supporter of deed restrictions. In the past there were fewer deed restrictions north of 466 and you could easily see the sometimes over the top lawn art there.

Deed restrictions are simply a way to protect everyone's investment. IMHO. I hope they can make this guy stop his at home business. He can rent a place out of his residential neighborhood if he wants to run a business.

You are absolutely right. Cease the driveway repair business immediately or start paying large daily fines. People knew exactly what was allowed and was not allowed when they moved into The Villages.

Hancle704 02-12-2017 08:25 PM

Having lived in CDD-1 for almost 20 years, I have to wonder how the contract we signed back then can be changed. Yes there have been some issues but for the most part no one has objected to lawn ornaments or White Crosses. Will this change because someone (a non-resident of CDD-1) is suddenly offended as they drive through our neighborhood? We have a wonderful Village where neighbors are friends and yes, we care for each other.

DonH57 02-12-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancle704 (Post 1359602)
Having lived in CDD-1 for almost 20 years, I have to wonder how the contract we signed back then can be changed. Yes there have been some issues but for the most part no one has objected to lawn ornaments or White Crosses. Will this change because someone (a non-resident of CDD-1) is suddenly offended as they drive through our neighborhood? We have a wonderful Village where neighbors are friends and yes, we care for each other.

Deed restrictions differ from district 1 to, what do we have now 10 districts? We are in district 2 and there's quite a difference between ours and district 5 for example.

lafoto 02-12-2017 10:56 PM

Which deed restriction did this disgusting person break?

Inexes@aol.com 02-12-2017 11:25 PM

DeedRestrictions

Quote:

I am not understanding the comment about lawn art, etc, North of 466. I have been here, north of 466, for 17 years and was aware when built house that there was to be NO lawn art, including even a bird bath. And there was to be NO business run out of your house. I see no difference in the restrictions north vs south of 466. Any "over the top" lawn art is OUT of compliance.....

Bryan 02-13-2017 05:50 AM

Not only is this 'golf cart repair business' an abomination, there has been an abandoned car parked in The Savannah Center parking lot for over eight months and district officials seem unable to do anything about it. Seems like our deed restrictions may, in some cases, be an unenforceable paper tiger.

Chatbrat 02-13-2017 06:45 AM

drop a dime on the cart business to the state & the IRS, any driveway business is most likely not paying taxes and handling hazardous waste correctly

Barboza 02-13-2017 08:54 AM

anyone seen the number of golf carts in the driveway of home in Mareno court off Morse N of 466?
Looks like sales/rental business in that home, devaluing the properties in that otherwise very nice area.

Bogie Shooter 02-13-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barboza (Post 1359718)
anyone seen the number of golf carts in the driveway of home in Mareno court off Morse N of 466?
Looks like sales/rental business in that home, devaluing the properties in that otherwise very nice area.

Turn 'em in Dano............................

justjim 02-13-2017 09:47 AM

Most of us bought here in The Villages because there are deed restrictions. I would not make a considerable investment in a home without them. Come on let's get district paid lawyers who will pursue those who are running such businesses out of their homes to the deteriment of their neighbors. This shouldn't be "rocket science".

EnglishJW 02-13-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

I agree completely. The first extremely positive impression we had of The Villages was the way it looked. Deed restrictions play a significant role in protecting how things look here.

Bogie Shooter 02-13-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1359765)
Most of us bought here in The Villages because there are deed restrictions. I would not make a considerable investment in a home without them. Come on let's get district paid lawyers who will pursue those who are running such businesses out of their homes to the deteriment of their neighbors. This shouldn't be "rocket science".

Isn't that why the changed the timing and fines? RE article in paper referenced by OP..............

Hancle704 02-13-2017 02:23 PM

Just don't be quick to judge a home that suddenly has 4-8 golf carts parked there. Might be nothing more than several group foursomes returning for lunch or libations.