Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Best golf courses to show off The Villages to friend (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/best-golf-courses-show-off-villages-friend-230303/)

Bay Kid 02-13-2017 08:57 AM

Best golf courses to show off The Villages to friend

I have a friend coming by this week to see why I like The Villages so much. What would be the best Country Club course to play/show off? Which Executive courses for a quick round would be recommended?

jnieman 02-13-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1359721)
I have a friend coming by this week to see why I like The Villages so much. What would be the best Country Club course to play/show off? Which Executive courses for a quick round would be recommended?

I would go to Sarasota. To me the most beautiful executive course here.

justjim 02-13-2017 09:12 AM

For executive courses I would play one or two of these: Palmetto, yankee Clipper, Truman or Volusa. Championship I would definitely play Belle Glade because I know from playing recently it is in great shape. I also like Cane Garden but haven't played there yet this season. Play from the set of tees that fit his skill level and have fun!

baustgen 02-13-2017 11:29 AM

If he is a good golfer and Phuu Phus executive courses take him to Pelican. It will humble him.

Jazzcat 02-13-2017 07:28 PM

Best Villages Golf Course

I also agree that Belle Glade is the most beautiful championship course. We have played it quite often. As for executive courses, Truman has excellent views, and is reasonably challenging.

Rapscallion St Croix 02-13-2017 07:34 PM

What is this "quick round" of which you speak

lafoto 02-13-2017 09:19 PM

I vote for Hacienda CC and then have lunch outside on the veranda. For Executive play Pelican, Heron or Mira Mesa.

kcrazorbackfan 02-13-2017 10:04 PM

All the championships are in great shape; the only quick round you'll get at the execs will be if you go off the first tee time .

DeanFL 02-13-2017 10:52 PM

For an executive course Volusia is really nice. Great views of The Villages - can see 5 TV water towers from one of the holes. It is quite pretty with rolling hills.
Nice long par 4, 361 yds, with steady long slope down - there is a large bell on a post to ring once reaching a point close to the green to alert the 4some behind that they can tee-off. The greens are extreme-undulating and quite challenging.

Sarasota driving range and practice bunkers/chipping/putting is right next door.

----------------------------------------
Volusia is the 33rd addition to the Executive Golf Trail. If you enjoy elevation changes, Volusia is the course for you. Beginning on the first hole with a climb to the top of a hill, once on the second tee you will see views that are seen only at Volusia. Volusia is a par 28 and includes tees for golfers of all abilities.

ColdNoMore 02-14-2017 06:56 AM

Being as I've only played a few, no idea on the executive courses.

But for the championship layouts, the Laurel Valley to Riley Grove rotation at Palmer Legends... is unbeatable in my book. :thumbup:

John_W 02-14-2017 07:58 AM

If you're just playing 9 holes at a championship, I agree with the above poster that Palmer - Riley Grove is the one to play, I just played it Friday and it was pretty nice. That's the course that borders Lake Sumter that can be seen from the square. Laurel Valley, that would indicate that we have some tough courses since I think it's would of the most difficult and maybe skip that one for now. If playing 18 I would agree with the others, and play Belle Glade, especially Calusa and Tequesta, Seminole is kind of funky because you have that long cart ride to the 5th hole and then it sort of just wraps around in a circle. I like Calusa the best, in fact I'm playing there on Thursday.

SCasey 02-14-2017 08:09 AM

My favorite executive course is Truman. The view from hole 2 is unbeatable. I have played most of the championship courses and think Glenview is the prettiest.

You are going to get as many different answers as posts to answer your question! Everybody has different tastes and preferences. What a boring world it would be if everyone was the same.