Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   To the nice gentleman.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/nice-gentleman-231641/)

golfing eagles 02-23-2017 03:30 PM

To the nice gentleman....

driving a dark cart with a white enclosure wearing pink/red shorts, a white shirt and a straw hat and was playing #8 of Egret at 3:15, I hope you see this. You took a huge divot with a practice swing and then a medium divot with your shot. The bottle on your cart is NOT a urinal, it is considered good etiquette to use the sand to fill your divots. Not that this is all that unusual, but I found it particularly annoying that you spent 30-40 seconds cleaning the dirt and grass off YOUR club, and then drove off. In the future, please be considerate and take as good, if not better care of the courses that WE ALL share as you do with YOUR OWN club. Thank you.

permanentvacation 02-23-2017 04:00 PM

:a20:

golf2140 02-23-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1364581)
driving a dark cart with a white enclosure wearing pink/red shorts, a white shirt and a straw hat and was playing #8 of Egret at 3:15, I hope you see this. You took a huge divot with a practice swing and then a medium divot with your shot. The bottle on your cart is NOT a urinal, it is considered good etiquette to use the sand to fill your divots. Not that this is all that unusual, but I found it particularly annoying that you spent 30-40 seconds cleaning the dirt and grass off YOUR club, and then drove off. In the future, please be considerate and take as good, if not better care of the courses that WE ALL share as you do with YOUR OWN club. Thank you.

But, I'm on vacation. I paid a lot of money to rent a home, let The Villagers take care of it. !!!!!!! This time of year the courses get destroyed.

dbussone 02-23-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Right on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kcrazorbackfan 02-23-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

I think sometimes we're fighting a losing battle with the privileged/entitled over fixing, filling and raking. I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that".

I'd really hate to see what their home interior looks like if they can't even clean up their carnage of our golf courses.

graciegirl 02-23-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1364736)
I think sometimes we're fighting a losing battle with the privileged/entitled over fixing, filling and raking. I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that".

I'd really hate to see what their home interior looks like if they can't even clean up their carnage of our golf courses.

I am skeptical that someone said that.

RickeyD 02-23-2017 11:58 PM

To the nice gentleman....

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1364738)

Why ?

snob

noun

" a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.
a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. "

Chi-Town 02-24-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

I assume you live on #8 at Egret since you started another thread about an 8 year old playing golf there. That spot must be a constant source of of entertainment. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

photo1902 02-24-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

GG, I've heard the same old wives tale with several other premier neighborhood names used. Ahhh, first world problems.

rustyp 02-24-2017 06:35 AM

Quote:

I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future. My wife will be very happy to know you took notice of the clothes she picked out for me to wear on the course yesterday. While I was cleaning my clubs I couldn't help but notice your bushes need trimming.

photo1902 02-24-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1364790)
I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future. My wife will be very happy to know you took notice of the clothes she picked out for me to wear on the course yesterday. While I was cleaning my clubs I couldn't help but notice your bushes need trimming.

:1rotfl:

ColdNoMore 02-24-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1364790)

:D

:thumbup:

kcrazorbackfan 02-24-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

And boom, here we go again. Be skeptical all you want; it was said to a person very, very close to me.

golfing eagles 02-24-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1364766)
I assume you live on #8 at Egret since you started another thread about an 8 year old playing golf there. That spot must be a constant source of of entertainment. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

It's a riot. See things that I have never seen in 48 years of playing golf. Eleven practice swings to chunk a ball 10 yards, then another 11. Tee shots that go about 120 yards into the middle of the pond, and the golfer looking for his ball up by the green. Spouses arguing over the exact place a ball should be dropped, when they're going to score double digits on the hole anyway. People going 20 feet into the environmental area for a top flite x-out ball. Ten minute safaris into the cord grass. That's all in addition to the rake allergies and sand deficiencies. Oh, I forgot the innumerable times a club has been flung further that the ball, and the expletives associated with it. Entertainment value alone is worth every penny.

John_W 02-24-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1364736)
...I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that"...

I also once heard someone say, I don't have to rake the trap because I'm a priority member. From the looks of some of our traps, there is more one.

Today I'm playing Egret at 1:56, I'll be driving the Ravens Cart, I'll keep an eye out for ya at the 8th hole.