Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/)
-   -   Daisy In Chains, Sharon Bolton (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/daisy-chains-sharon-bolton-232901/)

Madelaine Amee 03-05-2017 02:34 PM

Daisy In Chains, Sharon Bolton

Daisy in Chains, Mystery written by Sharon Bolton.

I have just finished reading this book. In my opinion it is a super mystery with a really surprising ending and I think it would appeal to anyone who enjoys a really good mystery. Sharon Bolton is a British writer whose books are always sort of bone chilling, this book is one of her best.

OCsun 04-08-2017 11:14 AM

I am looking for an easy read pool side book for a cruise. Do you think this book fits into this category?

Madelaine Amee 04-08-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCsun (Post 1383952)
I am looking for an easy read pool side book for a cruise. Do you think this book fits into this category?

Oh no, this book makes the hair on the back of your neck stand to attention.

I would suggest you do a search for a book containing short stories. 100 Must-Read Short Story Collections This is a list of short story books and you may find some of the authors here in our library. I very often find a decent book in the library on the cruise.

Madelaine Amee 04-08-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1384027)

I would suggest you do a search for a book containing short stories. 100 Must-Read Short Story Collections This is a list of short story books and you may find some of the authors here in our library. I very often find a decent book in the library on the cruise.

I did not mean to put you off reading this book, it is probably one of the best psychological mysteries I have every read, but I don't know if you will get the peace and quiet to absorb the plot.

Taltarzac725 04-08-2017 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1384030)
I did not mean to put you off reading this book, it is probably one of the best psychological mysteries I have every read, but I don't know if you will get the peace and quiet to absorb the plot.

Is it like The Girl on the Train? That one creeped me out.

Madelaine Amee 04-08-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1384066)
Is it like The Girl on the Train? That one creeped me out.

No.

OCsun 04-09-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1384027)

Thanks for your suggestions!