Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   What to Watch on Netflix/Amazon (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/what-watch-netflix-amazon-233876/)

rhood 03-12-2017 02:46 PM

What to Watch on Netflix/Amazon

What's everyone watching? I'm not interested in zombie stuff or sci fi. Looking for something engrossing. Can't wait until House of Cards.

Tom Hannon 03-12-2017 03:17 PM

The BEST Show EVER is Breaking Bad.

drstevens 03-12-2017 03:24 PM

"Remember" with Christopher Plummer is outstanding! Ninety year old man with dementia must escape nursing home and find, kill Auschwitz guard who killed his family.

Jayhawk 03-12-2017 03:36 PM

Wentworth on Netflix.

9 Reasons You Need to Watch Wentworth on Netflix ASAP - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

JGVillages 03-12-2017 03:38 PM

Here are a few we liked on Amazon (all free if you have Amazon Prime)
~Hand of God (season 2 just streaming)
~The Man in the High Castle
~Bosch (season 3 starts next month)
~Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton with a great performance)
~Mad Dogs

Kkbart4@gmail.com 03-12-2017 04:22 PM

If damaged is still on Netflix watch it. Glenn close is a lawyer. I'm watching call the midwife now.

BK001 03-12-2017 06:05 PM

I loved Call The Midwife. Really well done and very interesting stories. I did a marathon and watched every episode of every season in about a week. It was so worth it!

I am loving THIS IS US on regular broadcast TV. It just ran the last episode of Season 1. So worth watching it on demand (for free) from the beginning - - not a huge commitment of time but well worth it. Very interesting premise of toggling back and forth between the parents with their 3 young children and the children as adults. Very well done.

Ecuadog 03-12-2017 09:32 PM

On Netflix, I really enjoyed Rita, the Danish tv series.

Rickg 03-12-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drstevens (Post 1371989)
"Remember" with Christopher Plummer is outstanding! Ninety year old man with dementia must escape nursing home and find, kill Auschwitz guard who killed his family.

I just watched it. Excellent movie

l2ridehd 03-13-2017 05:43 AM

On Netflix, Longmire, The Ranch, Hart of Dixie, are all excellent and completely different.

Longmire is about a Wyoming sheriff today. Reminds me of a modern day Gunsmoke.

The Ranch has Sam Elliot, Ashton Kucher and Debra Winger and is a comedy that is really funny.

Hart of Dixie is about a young female doctor who goes south to take over her dads rural practise and also a comedy.

Chi-Town 03-13-2017 08:23 AM

On Netflix....The Crown is excellent with a major motion picture quality.

The Crown Is Netflix’s Most Expensive Series to Date, and Worth It | Vanity Fair

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2newyorkers 03-13-2017 09:29 AM

Murdoch Mysteries takes place in turn of the century Toronto. Love this series. We also watch Man in the High Castle. It is an interesting scenario of what would of happened if the allies lost WW II. Grace and Frankie is a funny comedy with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Sam Watterson and Martin Sheen as the main characters.

Roll With It 03-13-2017 10:40 AM

Doc Martin on Netflix is great. Lots of wonderfully eccentric characters! Takes place in a small village in England.

LI SNOWBIRD 03-14-2017 09:20 AM

Netflix

We can recommend Lilyhammer a series about Steven Van Zandt) as a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway.
He has a problem with the culture.

We can highly recommend a series "Murdoch Murder Mysteries" about a detective in turn-of-the-century Toronto who solves murders in a scientific way with humor and intelligence.

Irish Rover 03-14-2017 11:09 AM

Try some of these shows. Breaking Bad, Longmire, Bloodline, Hyena Road, The Fall, The Killing,Sarajevo, Nobel, Dicte.
Some are sub titled but still very good.:thumbup: