Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Doctors using Stem Cells (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/doctors-using-stem-cells-237182/)

bbbbbb 04-06-2017 04:31 PM

Doctors using Stem Cells

Medical.
There is a new medical procedure going around,
Stem Cells and Injections. A Medical Group from Altamont Springs Fl. Comprehensive Healthcare Inc. They did a presentation at the Waterfront Inn and they will do an evaluation free of charge for the first visit to evaluate the possibilities. They propose to inject Stem Cells to painful areas and they claim a high degree of successes.
If you have had any experience with this procedure here or otherwise will you please send a message here on the TOTV website.? Would be interested to know about your success. Reply or call 352 775-9228.:pepper2:

graciegirl 04-06-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbbbb (Post 1383252)
Medical.
There is a new medical procedure going around,
Stem Cells and Injections. A Medical Group from Altamont Springs Fl. Comprehensive Healthcare Inc. They did a presentation at the Waterfront Inn and they will do an evaluation free of charge for the first visit to evaluate the possibilities. They propose to inject Stem Cells to painful areas and they claim a high degree of successes.
If you have had any experience with this procedure here or otherwise will you please send a message here on the TOTV website.? Would be interested to know about your success. Reply or call 352 775-9228.:pepper2:

If it isn't covered by medicare, I would be suspicious. I am suspicious of any presentation from a rented hotel space. It feels to me like someone is trying to sell someone something that is hard to sell. I run like Hell away from all such presentations.

Uberschaf 04-06-2017 07:09 PM

I thought that we all all have stem cells. That's what replaces the brain cells when we damage them when reading stupid stuff about stem cells. I am not being mean but this is not the forum to talk about stem cells.Try google. It's smarter than a brain cell.

ColdNoMore 04-06-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberschaf (Post 1383302)
I thought that we all all have stem cells. That's what replaces the brain cells when we damage them when reading stupid stuff about stem cells. I am not being mean but this is not the forum to talk about stem cells.Try google. It's smarter than a brain cell.

OK, that was pretty funny. :1rotfl:

Mathmarm 04-06-2017 08:01 PM

FDA Approved

My neighbor had frozen stem cells injected in each knee. Fresh ones cost twice as much. Her ortho surgeon did it. Said it was new and FDA approved.

villagetinker 04-06-2017 08:28 PM

Please do some research, I was investigating this for my better half. Found lots of negative info (WebMD and similar sites), all of the positive info seemed to be from the entity or related companies. Ended up contacting a relative who is a doctor, bottom line the procedure was being done off US soil, not covered by any insurance or Medicare, we declined.

NYGUY 04-06-2017 10:09 PM

If you do real research, not on TOTV, I think you will stay away from these people.

blueash 04-07-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathmarm (Post 1383319)
My neighbor had frozen stem cells injected in each knee. Fresh ones cost twice as much. Her ortho surgeon did it. Said it was new and FDA approved.

I know you are just repeating what you were told, but if bad information is not challenged people remember the lie.

The FDA did not approve of the treatment your neighbor received. From the FDA website

Quote:

Stem cells, like other medical products that are intended to treat, cure or prevent disease, generally require FDA approval before they can be marketed. FDA has not approved any stem cell-based products for use, other than cord blood-derived hematopoietic progenitor cells (blood forming stem cells) for certain indications...FDA cautions consumers to make sure that any stem cell treatment they are considering has been approved by FDA or is being studied under a clinical investigation that has been submitted to and allowed to proceed by FDA.
FDA has approved only one stem cell product, Hemacord, a cord blood-derived product manufactured by the New York Blood Center and used for specified indications in patients with disorders affecting the body’s blood-forming system.
Additionally, the majority of the unregulated stem cell clinics at least will only use your own harvested cells from your own fat tissue. That way they are injecting your cells back into you. No issues with transmitting disease or causing immune issues. This is a loophole the stem cell clinics use to say they do NOT need FDA approval as they are just giving you back your own tissue. This is a slimy, IMO, twisting of the phrase FDA approved.

From Regenexx's website on this issue:
Quote:

Are the Regenexx procedures performed in the U.S. approved by the FDA?
Yes – The Regenexx procedures performed in the United States are compliant with CFR 21 Part 1271 and fall under the same surgery exemption discussed in 1271.15 (b).
See what they did there? They wrote the question with the word "approved", but answered "yes ..are compliant". What that means is that they are operating under an exemption from needing approval as there is no foreign material being injected, just your own cells. So not really approved, in fact, they depend on NOT needing approval because they claim to be exempt.

Clinics which claim to be using anonymous donor cells? Frozen? How were the donors screened? Keep in mind the clinic already lied to you about FDA approval of their procedure. And using other person's cells is not exempt. There are FDA approved studies of stem cells. But then you would have been given an informed consent that you were in a study and likely not been charged anything for your willingness to be a study subject.

blueash 04-07-2017 09:52 AM

For those who are interested in the loophole, here is the exact FDA rule providing an exemption for clinics who harvest your own stem cells and give them back to you immediatedly [no manipulation or growing of tissue]. There was discussion of closing this loophole last year but as far as I know, no new regulations were issued.

PART 1271 -- HUMAN CELLS, TISSUES, AND CELLULAR AND TISSUE-BASED PRODUCTS
Subpart A--General Provisions
Sec. 1271.15 Are there any exceptions from the requirements of this part?
(a) You are not required to comply with the requirements of this part if you are an establishment that uses HCT/P's solely for nonclinical scientific or educational purposes.
(b) You are not required to comply with the requirements of this part if you are an establishment that removes HCT/P's from an individual and implants such HCT/P's into the same individual during the same surgical procedure. [my bold]

bbbbbb 04-07-2017 07:38 PM

Stem cells

Hi, as a follow up to my original posting on Stem Cells, I will add this:

I have no financial interest in this firm, none at all. What I have seen is rather interesting. No work has been done for me or on me or on my wife.

I am having serious pain in the back and knees due to wear and tear and growing older, I have done some preliminary checking on what may or what may not help. Instead of my explaining what I found, if interested you may contact the firm and go from there. I am doing this only in hopes that it may be of help for someone in pain here or elsewhere. If it is not of interest to anyone, then I suggest you simply drop the issue.
All I have seen from them has been free, professionally presented and no medical or other related work has been done for me at this time. They did a very good and thorough presentation at the Waterfront Hotel, it was educational and very interesting, we also went to see their clinic in Altamont Springs.
It is:
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTHCARE INC.
REGENERATIVE MEDICAL SERVICES
Altamont Springs, Fl.
Ph 407 862 7272 E: CM@chcphysicalmed.com
New Patient Special | Pain Relief Altamonte Springs FL

bbbbbb 352 775 9228 :thumbup:

retiredguy123 04-07-2017 09:28 PM

In my opinion, this is total hogwash. I hope you don't fall for this scam.

Barefoot 04-08-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbbbb (Post 1383702)
Hi, as a follow up to my original posting on Stem Cells, I will add this:
I have no financial interest in this firm, none at all. What I have seen is rather interesting. No work has been done for me or on me or on my wife.
I am having serious pain in the back and knees due to wear and tear and growing older, I have done some preliminary checking on what may or what may not help. Instead of my explaining what I found, if interested you may contact the firm and go from there. I am doing this only in hopes that it may be of help for someone in pain here or elsewhere. If it is not of interest to anyone, then I suggest you simply drop the issue.
All I have seen from them has been free, professionally presented and no medical or other related work has been done for me at this time. They did a very good and thorough presentation at the Waterfront Hotel, it was educational and very interesting, we also went to see their clinic in Altamont Springs.
It is:
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTHCARE INC.
REGENERATIVE MEDICAL SERVICES
Altamont Springs, Fl.
Ph 407 862 7272 E: CM@chcphysicalmed.com
New Patient Special | Pain Relief Altamonte Springs FL

You've said you don't mean it as a recommendation.
However, by providing the information, it does kinda sound like a recommendation.
I don't know didly squat about stem cell injections.
Other than I had a friend who was paralyzed from a horseback accident.
She flew to China for stem cell injections in her back which cost over $20,000. Sadly she saw no improvement.
That was ten years ago, and perhaps the process today is significantly different.

bbbbbb 04-08-2017 07:29 PM

Stem cells etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1383929)
You've said you don't mean it as a recommendation.
However, by providing the information, it does kinda sound like a recommendation.
I don't know didly squat about stem cell injections.
Other than I had a friend who was paralyzed from a horseback accident.
She flew to China for stem cell injections in her back which cost over $20,000. Sadly she saw no improvement.
That was ten years ago, and perhaps the process today is significantly different.

In the last couple of years, there have been some very big changes in the Stem Cell process. I have found it interesting and very informative but I am not making any recommendations, I have not meant to do that and it is best I keep what I have found to myself. So hopefully, if you have major pain experiences, you may or may not want to investigate this. There is a tremendous amount of new information if you do some serious looking. Due to some of the remarks on here, I will bow out of it, I was hoping it might help someone. Probably a bad decision.

:ho: :MOJE_whot: bbbbbb

graciegirl 04-08-2017 07:37 PM

Generally speaking I would think it'd be safe to say that the future of medicine lies in genetics. There have been some major breakthroughs on that front. However there is still a big divide between traditional medicine and borderline quackery and people in pain who haven't been trained to evaluate the difference can often throw good money away.

I say if they want to talk to you and buy you lunch...run.

NYGUY 04-08-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1384128)
Generally speaking I would think it'd be safe to say that the future of medicine lies in genetics. There have been some major breakthroughs on that front. However there is still a big divide between traditional medicine and borderline quackery and people in pain who haven't been trained to evaluate the difference can often throw good money away.

I say if they want to talk to you and buy you lunch...run.

Absolutely!!