Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   What would yo do ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/what-would-yo-do-237553/)

Chatbrat 04-09-2017 06:11 PM

What would yo do ?

Went to a club in the villages- ordered two high end drinks

the bar person charged them @ 2:59 knowing happy hour starts @ 3: 00

She said is computer generated--this place will never see us again==

We left and spent real $$ @ another club

kstew43 04-09-2017 06:18 PM

I hate it when that happens......happy hour and lunch specials....

same thing, 10 minutes before 4 and "so sorry" lunch is over...

Hate it....... time to move on to another restaurant...

ColdNoMore 04-09-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1384447)
I hate it when that happens......happy hour and lunch specials....

same thing, 10 minutes before 4 and "so sorry" lunch is over...

Hate it....... time to move on to another restaurant...

AGREE! :mad:

The fact that a server isn't smart enough to know that waiting a minute to ring it up and then maybe offhandedly mentioning what they did, could result in a much better tip (a happier patron at the least)...means they may not be smart enough to pour the drinks/get the food order correctly either. :ohdear:

As to the OP's '1 minute'...I wonder if the register even has the correct time?

rustyp 04-09-2017 06:43 PM

worth telling us the name of the establishment

Chatbrat 04-09-2017 07:12 PM

Tierra Del Sol==we went to see a show,went to the bar @ intermission ,had planed to eat there after the show--never did-very DUMB bar person

tedquick 04-09-2017 07:29 PM

Tierra Del Sol is one of my favorite places (since it's been redone). Most of the staff there are pretty good. Go back, speak to the manager and relate your experience. Not sure what management might do but any conversation that I've had with them suggests that they really do care about how their customers are treated. Don't let one bad wait person spoil an excellent place for you. I'd give them another shot if I were you. (Just a thought).

JoMar 04-09-2017 07:57 PM

Of course it's always the establishements fault.....never the customer :)

golf2140 04-09-2017 08:56 PM

Soon, there will not be any place for you to go in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kansasr 04-09-2017 10:06 PM

So you placed your drink order before 3, knowing that happy hour started at 3, and expected some special treatment?

rubicon 04-10-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1384445)
Went to a club in the villages- ordered two high end drinks

the bar person charged them @ 2:59 knowing happy hour starts @ 3: 00

She said is computer generated--this place will never see us again==

We left and spent real $$ @ another club

So let me ask. If you owned this restaurant what would you do?

I mean would you be pleased if a server cut the customer a break at 2:59? How about 2: 57? 2: 55? 2:50?

and what about the server and for that many the rest of the servers when your instructions were wishy washy

Say you own a grocery store , Cashiers are instructed to
never leave their checkout area. They are also instruct that the deposits need to be at the bank by 3:00PM. Well on this particular day only one cashier shows up what doe s/he do at 3:00 PM?

If it bothered me that much I would have waited until 3:00PM to order my drink. By the way my best friend owned three restaurant and he told me he didn't make money serving food to tables but made it over the bar.

Personal Best Regards:

graciegirl 04-10-2017 06:00 AM

The title of the thread is;

What would you do?

I would;

Stop drinking. (I did and it is much cheaper and just as much fun)

OR

Drink at home.

Taltarzac725 04-10-2017 06:10 AM

I have gone to Bone Fish Grill where the waitress will tell you that you have X amount of minutes for ordering drinks to fit in with Happy Hour. if you know it is just before three I would suggest chatting up the waitress or bartender before ordering anything. There is a very laid back waitress/bartender whom I enjoy talking to whenever I see her.

collie1228 04-10-2017 08:20 AM

I generally ask, "Is it happy hour now?" And if, at 2:59 they say 3:00, I wait a another minute to order. But that's just me.

DonH57 04-10-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedquick (Post 1384463)
Tierra Del Sol is one of my favorite places (since it's been redone). Most of the staff there are pretty good. Go back, speak to the manager and relate your experience. Not sure what management might do but any conversation that I've had with them suggests that they really do care about how their customers are treated. Don't let one bad wait person spoil an excellent place for you. I'd give them another shot if I were you. (Just a thought).

Ours too. We have always delicious meals and service there since the renovation. Only had a small issue because of a miss communication that was resolved quickly by the manager. We are happy.:clap2:

ajbrown 04-10-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1384607)
I generally ask, "Is it happy hour now?" And if, at 2:59 they say 3:00, I wait a another minute to order. But that's just me.

I always do that also, it prevents any confusion.

Though, IMO a good bartender at 2:59 should pour the drink and when serving, tell the customer, I will bring check over in a sec, it is one minute early so I held off ringing it in for a minute, to which the customer gets the same drink they would have waited a minute for and a good customer will remember this bartender. Common sense IMO...

When is too early? Subjective for sure... but 1 or 2 minutes?