Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Arkansas rushes to execute seven prisoners. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/arkansas-rushes-execute-seven-prisoners-237948/)

Taltarzac725 04-13-2017 07:51 AM

Arkansas rushes to execute seven prisoners.

Arkansas rushes to execute 7 inmates before lethal drug expires - CBS News

They could at least get the right drugs for this.

Edjkoz 04-13-2017 08:34 AM

I'm sure they made sure their victim should were comfortable before they killed them. Sorry, I have no compassion for animals like this

Taltarzac725 04-13-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edjkoz (Post 1385861)
I'm sure they made sure their victim should were comfortable before they killed them. Sorry, I have no compassion for animals like this

We should as a society show a little more compassion to everyone even these Death Row people.

Each victim is a little different from another. Or, I really mean the families of the victims. I certainly believe that the victims should have a great deal of impact on the punishment of these men and women but that need not be for barbaric methods of execution as sometimes happens with the drug that the State of Arkansas is using up through the end of the month of April 2017.

EPutnam1863 04-13-2017 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=Edjkoz;1385861]I'm sure they made sure their victim should were comfortable before they killed them. Sorry, I have no compassion for animals like this[/QUOTE]

Amen.

leftyf 04-13-2017 01:43 PM

I just don't understand why they can't use the same drugs the Veterinarians use. My dog showed no pain when I had to put him to sleep.

Taltarzac725 04-13-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftyf (Post 1385998)
I just don't understand why they can't use the same drugs the Veterinarians use. My dog showed no pain when I had to put him to sleep.

Animal Euthanasia and Capital Punishment: Some Uncomfortable Comparisons | Psychology Today

That's an interesting question.

Topspinmo 04-13-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1385837)
Arkansas rushes to execute 7 inmates before lethal drug expires - CBS News

They could at least get the right drugs for this.

Nobody in the last 30 plus years has been rushed to execution, CBS spin. IMO The laws are written by lawyer's/politicans so they get to get paid for years and years "lawyer's welfare". I've got a lot more on this subject, but will reframe my temptations.

karostay 04-13-2017 05:00 PM

Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today

RickeyD 04-13-2017 05:18 PM

State sanctioned execution is murder regardless the transgression. Morally indefensible by western standards and sinful by Christian standards. No different than abortion or an unjustified war.

Topspinmo 04-13-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1386073)
State sanctioned execution is murder regardless the transgression. Morally indefensible by western standards and sinful by Christian standards. No different than abortion or an unjustified war.

Your opinion not mine. Please put IMO in front of your opinionated posts.

RickeyD 04-13-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1386081)
Your opinion not mine. Please put IMO in front of your opinionated posts.

Ok, I'll do that next time.

manaboutown 04-13-2017 08:34 PM

Good riddance to bad trash!

John_W 04-13-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyD (Post 1386073)
State sanctioned execution is murder regardless the transgression...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...e-invasion.jpg

On July 22, 2007, as repeated blows from a Louisville Slugger rained down on his head, Dr. William Petit awoke in a house of horrors — his own.

His wife and their two daughters were right upstairs in the Connecticut house, and things would only get worse.

Two lowlife thugs held the Petits hostage for seven terrifying hours. The doctor’s wife was raped, his youngest daughter sexually assaulted, and their house set afire.

Only Petit escaped with his life.

It was close to 10 a.m. on a rainy summer morning when Petit finally escaped and rolled, with his ankles still bound, into a neighbor’s driveway. He banged on the garage door.

Dave Simcik looked down on the bloody, beaten man at his feet, but didn’t recognize Petit. Soon enough, the cops were on top of the doctor with their guns drawn.

“The girls!” Petit howled. “The girls are in the house!”

Petit had fallen asleep on the sunroom couch the previous night. His wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, had multiple sclerosis and usually went to bed early. Petit, to avoid disturbing her, would often sleep on the sofa.

The baseball bat attack roused the doctor from his slumber sometime between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. Blood was pouring over his eyes — Petit was on a blood thinner for a heart condition — but he noticed one of his two assailants was carrying what looked like a 9-mm. handgun.

The pair bound his ankles and wrists with plastic ties pulled so tight they cut into his flesh, all the while demanding to know where the safe was.

So you're saying after their day in court, and the many, many appeals to follow. The execution of these two thugs is the same as what they did to this family? I don't think so, your definition of murder is much different than mine. If you had no religion, would you still think the same? Almost every war in this world, was started in one form or another because of religion.

Taltarzac725 04-13-2017 09:29 PM

Thomas Lee Bean murders British Olympian skier

Google it.

RickeyD 04-13-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1386136)
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...e-invasion.jpg

On July 22, 2007, as repeated blows from a Louisville Slugger rained down on his head, Dr. William Petit awoke in a house of horrors — his own.

His wife and their two daughters were right upstairs in the Connecticut house, and things would only get worse.

Two lowlife thugs held the Petits hostage for seven terrifying hours. The doctor’s wife was raped, his youngest daughter sexually assaulted, and their house set afire.

Only Petit escaped with his life.

It was close to 10 a.m. on a rainy summer morning when Petit finally escaped and rolled, with his ankles still bound, into a neighbor’s driveway. He banged on the garage door.

Dave Simcik looked down on the bloody, beaten man at his feet, but didn’t recognize Petit. Soon enough, the cops were on top of the doctor with their guns drawn.

“The girls!” Petit howled. “The girls are in the house!”

Petit had fallen asleep on the sunroom couch the previous night. His wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, had multiple sclerosis and usually went to bed early. Petit, to avoid disturbing her, would often sleep on the sofa.

The baseball bat attack roused the doctor from his slumber sometime between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. Blood was pouring over his eyes — Petit was on a blood thinner for a heart condition — but he noticed one of his two assailants was carrying what looked like a 9-mm. handgun.

The pair bound his ankles and wrists with plastic ties pulled so tight they cut into his flesh, all the while demanding to know where the safe was.

So you're saying after their day in court, and the many, many appeals to follow. The execution of these two thugs is the same as what they did to this family? I don't think so, your definition of murder is much different than mine. If you had no religion, would you still think the same? Almost every war in this world, was started in one form or another because of religion.

It's human nature wanting to avenge a heinous crime using capital punishment as a tool for the state. I cannot imagine the pain and suffering this family went through. But I do know this. Institutionized capital murder will not bring the victims back nor will it alleviate the nightmares and daily horrors that the survivors surely experience day after day. So tell me, what will state sanctioned executions actually accomplish? It has been proven that in no way does it PREVENT crimes like this from occurring by other perpetrators nor does it allow our society to progress to a higher level.