Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Best Sandwich in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/best-sandwich-tv-238003/)

Chatbrat 04-13-2017 04:32 PM

Best Sandwich in TV

My wife had a yen for a really good sandwich & after a brief discussion we agreed the best sandwiches in TV are those @ the deli counter in Fresh Market

IMHO, no CC comes close, Toojays is a distant second

Taltarzac725 04-13-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1386057)
My wife had a yen for a really good sandwich & after a brief discussion we agreed the best sandwiches in TV are those @ the deli counter in Fresh Market

IMHO, no CC comes close, Toojays is a distant second

What kind of sandwiches were these? I really miss the huge sandwiches at the Lucky Dill Deli in Palm Harbor, FL. Menu | The Lucky Dill

baustgen 04-13-2017 06:14 PM

I vote for the breaded tenderloin at the Colony Shell station on 44A.

dnobles 04-13-2017 07:16 PM

It's not in The Villages but a short drive on 27 Irene's Deli Great Sandwiches Clean and neat. One of my favorite spots

CWGUY 04-13-2017 07:26 PM

Outside the Villages - :icon_hungry:Try the torta at Los Tres Magueyes .:thumbup:

REDCART 04-13-2017 08:49 PM

We enjoy the sandwiches from Publix. In particular their sandwich of the week is an outstanding value. But even at regular price they're great. Their mojo pork sandwich satisfies my taste for the Puerto Rican Pernil. Other favorites are their chicken tender or Asian pork.

raynan 04-13-2017 09:18 PM

Jersey Mikes

NYGUY 04-13-2017 09:32 PM

Square 1 burgers!!

Hancle704 04-13-2017 09:44 PM

Toojay's

chuck90199 04-14-2017 06:56 AM

Try a sandwich from Jersey Mike's, then answer this question again.

MikeV 04-14-2017 07:14 AM

Publix Subs gets my vote.

Taltarzac725 04-14-2017 08:00 AM

Got two roasted chicken sandwiches from Subway a few nights ago. Jordan was kind of surprised that one had nothing on it. I told her it was for a dog. Which it was.

Beau ate some of it that night but I had made some chicke on the grill the next night.

That is all Beau would eat was the real chicken. Whatever is actually in the Subway chicken he picked through leaving just the Subway stuff behind on the plate.

I do hope Subway does something about their oven roasted chicken. I often wonder what it really is. Tastes like soy product with some chicken soup thrown on it.

Bonny 04-14-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1386085)
What kind of sandwiches were these? I really miss the huge sandwiches at the Lucky Dill Deli in Palm Harbor, FL. Menu | The Lucky Dill

Friends of mine were there last week. They loved it. They planned on eating at one of the Greek Restaurants and someone told them to try Lucky Dill.

Cedwards38 04-14-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baustgen (Post 1386090)
I vote for the breaded tenderloin at the Colony Shell station on 44A.

Those are good, and I also love their cheeseburgers and fries. Best around! Seriously. You gotta try this place.

Taltarzac725 04-14-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1386256)
Friends of mine were there last week. They loved it. They planned on eating at one of the Greek Restaurants and someone told them to try Lucky Dill.

I am glad to hear they are still good. Have not been to Palm Harbor for a while. I used to house sit for a couple of retired realtors from around 1997- 2010 or so but after the husband passed in 2009 the wife's travel plans went way down. He had been a Lt Commander in the Navy and got up at 5:00 AM and so did his two Westies who expected breakfast at 5:01 and would jump up and push me out of bed if I did not comply with Navy rules. I needed one of those sandwiches when this couple were on the Rhine, Hawaii, DC, Alaska or whatever trips. The wife was also a CIA analyst for a year or so and she could be a bit scary.

We lived in Palm Harbor from 1996-2005 but I often went back to housesit and dog sit after that. Those two Westies ran the house though.

One night (@ 2004) I had heard helicopters close by and quite low and thought I saw a spotlight. We lived a long golf drive from this couple. The next day I find out that some night time banking facility was robbed and the two suspects were chased in their car, ditched it, and were running armed in this couple's neighborhood. They wound up on top of the roof on the house next door to them. Threw the gun away somewhere in that area. So, while watching the house I also had to look around for that hand gun that might show up in their massive garden. Funny thing is a Florida Highway Patrolman lived a few doors down from this couple on one side and a Pinellas County Sheriff's Deputy was a few doors on the other side. And many other cops lived in this neighborhood as well.