Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/)
-   -   Define Paradise. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/define-paradise-238443/)

Sunset44 04-18-2017 09:08 AM

Define Paradise.

The Villages.

graciegirl 04-18-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset44 (Post 1387907)
The Villages.

Well say hey fella! Miss!

Have a chair, we'll get you some coffee! You new around here?

Most of us feel the same way!

graciegirl 04-18-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunset44 (Post 1387907)
The Villages.

Oh. You are an author....

Rapscallion St Croix 04-18-2017 09:37 AM

Not quite. Speaking strictly for myself, we still need decent gumbo, po boys made with fresh Leidenheimer French bread, and more Southern accents.

Speaking for the rest of the crew, keep Richard Hendricks in jail, hire employees to snatch caps off men's heads in restaurants, eliminate roundabouts, better parking etiquette, fewer adult children living with parents, less dog poop, better stewardship of our water, fewer one fingered waves, ban bikes and walkers from multi-modal paths, end of anonymous deed compliance reporting, summary execution of seat savers, no more development, tar and feathering of all the Morses, starting with Janet Tutt, deaf people to stop complaining, the Regional Hospital demolished and replaced with a new one with Dr Gillespie in charge, 100% of pitch marks repaired by their makers, ditto for footprints in bunkers, end of slow play and ball hawking, and lastly and most importantly....snowbirds need to stop coming down for the winter. If possible, ball bearings on Harold Schwartz's coffin....about once a week I am told that he is turning over in his grave.

graciegirl 04-18-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1387923)
Not quite. Speaking strictly for myself, we still need decent gumbo, po boys made with fresh Leidenheimer French bread, and more Southern accents.

Speaking for the rest of the crew, keep Richard Hendricks in jail, hire employees to snatch caps off men's heads in restaurants, eliminate roundabouts, better parking etiquette, fewer adult children living with parents, less dog poop, better stewardship of our water, fewer one fingered waves, ban bikes and walkers from multi-modal paths, end of anonymous deed compliance reporting, summary execution of seat savers, no more development, tar and feathering of all the Morses, starting with Janet Tutt, deaf people to stop complaining, the Regional Hospital demolished and replaced with a new one with Dr Gillespie in charge, 100% of pitch marks repaired by their makers, ditto for footprints in bunkers, end of slow play and ball hawking, and lastly and most importantly....snowbirds need to stop coming down for the winter. If possible, ball bearings on Harold Schwartz's coffin....about once a week I am told that he is turning over in his grave.

As usual...you have it pretty much figured out. :wave:

EPutnam1863 04-26-2017 11:47 AM

Paradise is where you are happy to be whether it is in the south, north, east, west, or midwest.

SFSkol 04-26-2017 04:55 PM

Two dies.

ConnieNonnie 04-26-2017 07:41 PM

Just waking up every day😎

Taltarzac725 04-26-2017 09:21 PM

Girl I really like with a Southern Accent. What is it about that drawl?

RickeyD 04-26-2017 09:37 PM

Define Paradise.

Garage large enough to store every year Corvette from 1953 to 1972 plus the Corvettes to fill it up. I would never leave, except when my wife calls me in for dinner...

Taltarzac725 04-26-2017 10:09 PM

Garbage - The World Is Not Enough (Official Video) - YouTube

World without garbage. Not the band.

rubicon 04-27-2017 05:34 AM

I do not believe you can define paradise as a person place or thing. And quite frankly I do not believe that paradise exists nor is it a desirable commodity because as a concept it is elusive and can only bring unhappiness. i do believe in being grateful for life's small blessings.

Blessed2BNTV 04-27-2017 06:59 AM

Yep paradise for us....and we've owned a home here since 2012.

We are FROGS.....here till we croak :)

Greg Nelson 04-27-2017 07:03 AM

November thru April 83/73