Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Reverse engineering pizza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/reverse-engineering-pizza-240633/)

Topspinmo 05-07-2017 07:47 PM

Reverse engineering pizza

Somebody IMO need to reverse engineer godfathers pizza around here. Was out of state last week and actually came across godfathers restaurant. Had me top dog piled on super combo pizza. Was at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick the way I like it. Not for everyone, but IMO!,,,,,pizza worth the price. Not this 3/8" frozen pizza from Walmart :oops:

villagetinker 05-07-2017 09:57 PM

Did you try a Google search, I have found lots of restaurant foods that were 'reverse engineered', hope this helps.

rubicon 05-08-2017 04:39 AM

my question is "when does pizza stop becoming pizza"?

I seem to always end up viewing a television commercial where a guy talks about smokehouse beef as an atop to pizza. that is not pizza any longer, nor is chicken and pineapple pizza. In fact Neapolitan pizza according to my Neapolitan parents consisted of pizza dough tomatoes a little cheese and perhaps some oregano . Now I like that they added sausage, peppers onions, pepperoni mushrooms mozzarella cheese . thin crust deep dish yes but smokehouse BBQ un-Italian:D bon appetito

Topspinmo 05-08-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1396247)
my question is "when does pizza stop becoming pizza"?

I seem to always end up viewing a television commercial where a guy talks about smokehouse beef as an atop to pizza. that is not pizza any longer, nor is chicken and pineapple pizza. In fact Neapolitan pizza according to my Neapolitan parents consisted of pizza dough tomatoes a little cheese and perhaps some oregano . Now I like that they added sausage, peppers onions, pepperoni mushrooms mozzarella cheese . thin crust deep dish yes but smokehouse BBQ un-Italian:D bon appetito

I guess it's the American way cater to target customer? All I can say for me godfathers is pizza standard form me. Only other pizza I half way care for around here was Italian garden flat bread pizza and they quite serving it.

Topspinmo 05-08-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1396209)
Did you try a Google search, I have found lots of restaurant foods that were 'reverse engineered', hope this helps.

Never thought of that? Give it try see if I can make my own?

Mikeod 05-08-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1396342)

Bought a wood fired pizza oven for my son. It uses pellets and gets up to 900F. Check out Uuni pizza ovens. He says it takes a little bit of practice, but works great.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 05-09-2017 09:19 AM

Never had Godfather's pizza but I have some friends that told me it's the worst pizza they ever had.

villagetinker 05-09-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1396342)

I used the search string 'original godfathers pizza recipe' and found a lot of results, you will need to let the rest of us know which appears to be the best.

autumnspring 05-09-2017 03:56 PM

Not from chicago but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1396155)
Somebody IMO need to reverse engineer godfathers pizza around here. Was out of state last week and actually came across godfathers restaurant. Had me top dog piled on super combo pizza. Was at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick the way I like it. Not for everyone, but IMO!,,,,,pizza worth the price. Not this 3/8" frozen pizza from Walmart :oops:

We used to call that thick pizza Chicago Pizza