Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   How will golf carts cross the Turnpike to the new villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/how-will-golf-carts-cross-turnpike-new-villages-240819/)

zummy 05-09-2017 08:04 PM

How will golf carts cross the Turnpike to the new villages

Anyone know?

Uberschaf 05-09-2017 08:10 PM

Spacely's Space Sprockets,of course.

thelegges 05-09-2017 08:13 PM

Tunnels :shrug:

kcrazorbackfan 05-09-2017 08:15 PM

A tunnel; a bridge like over 27/441 would be too costly, time consuming and unsafe; just my opinion.

Allegiance 05-09-2017 08:20 PM

Is there not already a cattle bridge that can me used for carts?

DonH57 05-09-2017 08:20 PM

A very, very, very long jump ramp modeled after the old hot wheels sets I'm thinking. I'll stay north of turnpike thank ya!

Rickg 05-09-2017 08:50 PM

Baily bridge

My guess is the Baily bridge. Which is just south of the service plaza. It was originally a farm bridge and is a perfect golf cart bridge. Oh BTW, the Villages already owns the property on the north side and is VERY close on the south side. Look at Google maps satellite view. :spoken:

ColdNoMore 05-09-2017 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickg (Post 1396963)
My guess is the Baily bridge. Which is just south of the service plaza. It was originally a farm bridge and is a perfect golf cart bridge. Oh BTW, the Villages already owns the property on the north side and is VERY close on the south side. Look at Google maps satellite view. :spoken:

Yep...this one.

GaryW 05-10-2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1396969)
Yep...this one.

That be the one. Just south of the Service Plaza. Heck of a cart ride to Brownwood and need a week vacation to get to Spanish SPrings. :MOJE_whot:

Goldwingnut 05-10-2017 06:23 AM

Have faith and a little patience, we will all know in good time when the plans eventually get revealed and needed by the developer.

If we glean the information that has been made public so far it is not hard to see up to four crossings:

the 468 interchange on the turnpike when (if) it is opened would be a perfect time to restructure the roadway to accommodate golf cart traffic near the large commercial that is planned,

the Baily bridge is the most obvious as they own one side already and will likely own the other in the not to distant future,

the extension of Buena Vista down to 468 that is being looked at would be a northern route across,

and the newest possibility would be a modification of the infrastructure at SR470 near the Leesburg expansion since they will own land on both sides of the Turnpike here when this deal is closed.

NotGolfer 05-10-2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1397016)
Have faith and a little patience, we will all know in good time when the plans eventually get revealed and needed by the developer.

If we glean the information that has been made public so far it is not hard to see up to four crossings:

the 468 interchange on the turnpike when (if) it is opened would be a perfect time to restructure the roadway to accommodate golf cart traffic near the large commercial that is planned,

the Baily bridge is the most obvious as they own one side already and will likely own the other in the not to distant future,

the extension of Buena Vista down to 468 that is being looked at would be a northern route across,

and the newest possibility would be a modification of the infrastructure at SR470 near the Leesburg expansion since they will own land on both sides of the Turnpike here when this deal is closed.

Good point on ALL that the developer will be doing...be patient folks as the information will evolve as we "need to know".

rcpds 05-10-2017 09:08 AM

IMO ... they've already been approved to extend Buena Vista ... with this extension, they'll most likely build a bridge over the turnpike ... they'll probably make it wide enough for traffic & golf cart lanes ... hence getting access to the southern Villages district

DARFAP 05-10-2017 03:28 PM

Ferry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shimpy 05-10-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryW (Post 1396991)
That be the one. Just south of the Service Plaza. Heck of a cart ride to Brownwood and need a week vacation to get to Spanish SPrings. :MOJE_whot:

At least an overnighter.

villagetinker 05-10-2017 04:04 PM

Actually TV is now getting so large it might be a nice idea to see if we could get a shuttle running between all of the squares and down to Fenny, with 'shared' or rentable golf carts at each end. Not sure if this is practical, just a thought, I will be interested to see the comments and suggestions. The idea would be a continuous running shuttle, no schedule, just say every 15, 20, 30 minutes between the hours of x and y. Golf cart rental could be waved or reduced if used for golfing, or shopping. I think the possibilities could be interesting. Think of a mass transit system based on buses and golf carts. Lots of details to work out and consider, but there is a great group of people here, maybe this could work.....