Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Wolfgang Puck (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/wolfgang-puck-240884/)

justjim 05-11-2017 11:31 AM

Wolfgang Puck

I know there is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Disney Springs. Has anybody eaten there or any other of their restaurants? Since there are plans for one at Brownwood, just wondering what to expect. :welcome:

Bogie Shooter 05-11-2017 12:36 PM

Wolfgang Puck(R) Grand Cafe | Walt Disney World Resort

golfing eagles 05-11-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1397427)
I know there is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Disney Springs. Has anybody eaten there or any other of their restaurants? Since there are plans for one at Brownwood, just wondering what to expect. :welcome:

Ate at his restaurant in Vegas----very good.

KathieI 05-11-2017 01:09 PM

I've had dinner at Spago's on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood a few years ago. It was excellent, but not holding any hopes that this new place will be comparable.

clekr 05-11-2017 01:40 PM

Went to the one in Vega 10 years ago. It will be $150 and you'll have to go to McDonald's afterwards.

golfing eagles 05-11-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clekr (Post 1397471)
Went to the one in Vega 10 years ago. It will be $150 and you'll have to go to McDonald's afterwards.

I said it was good. Not cheap, not plentiful, but good:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: Besides, in Vegas, you can go sit down at a slot machine or BJ table dinner, have 4 or 5 free drinks, and you won't remember the portion size or the bill:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

CFrance 05-11-2017 02:29 PM

What was said is that it will be a Wolfgang Puck designed restaurant. I wonder what that means. As in the Guy Fieri place, does that just mean Puck will lend his name? I dunno. $150 for dinner is not going to fly in TV.

Skip 05-11-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1397485)
As in the Guy Fieri place, does that just mean Puck will lend his name?

Exactly!

Skip

village dreamer 05-11-2017 03:56 PM

is that $150 per meal?????

redwitch 05-11-2017 04:01 PM

Dusted to go to his restaurant in San Francisco a lot before a play. Rarely dined there, but thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and pizza at the bar. Prices a lot less at the bar and portions were more filling. Dining there for a full meal was fine dining at its best -- pricey, small portions but great taste, presentation and service. It was a great place to go for some pampering.

justjim 05-11-2017 04:34 PM

Something for Everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1397527)
Dusted to go to his restaurant in San Francisco a lot before a play. Rarely dined there, but thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and pizza at the bar. Prices a lot less at the bar and portions were more filling. Dining there for a full meal was fine dining at its best -- pricey, small portions but great taste, presentation and service. It was a great place to go for some pampering.

"A great place for pampering". "And appetizers and pizza at the bar". Sounds like this was something for everyone.

Of course, regarding this Brownwood restaurant we will have to wait to see if it will be similar. I still wonder if anyone has been to the Wolfgang Puck at Disney.

Skip 05-11-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1397539)
"A great place for pampering". "And appetizers and pizza at the bar". Sounds like this was something for everyone.

Of course, regarding this Brownwood restaurant we will have to wait to see if it will be similar. I still wonder if anyone has been to the Wolfgang Puck at Disney.

As usual, The Villages Gourmet Club website has some details of the Wolfgang Puck restaurant. Interesting!

LINK

Skip

jgm3279 05-11-2017 05:31 PM

In California~ the butternut squash soup was AMAZING.....(also approved by the hubby!)

pauld315 05-11-2017 05:32 PM

Probably be a lot like the one in Charlotte NC. Not really high end.

WP Kitchen + Bar, Charlotte - Wolfgang Puck

thelegges 05-11-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1397539)

Yes have been to Pucks at Disney Springs many times. Downstairs you can have pizza sandwiches great desserts and there's a bar on the other side. Have eaten there many times great food, I don't find it overly priced. Upstairs is more upscale dinners The food there is excellent also. I'm comparing it to eating at emeralds over at Universal. Excellent service and good food in upstairs part. I can't say that we spent more 60 or $70 for dinner. But we are not big eaters.

He also has a quick service with great eat in or take away. Breakfast pizza is really good