Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Mangrove (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/mangrove-241248/)

MrGolf 05-19-2017 12:43 PM

Mangrove

Played Mangrove last evening and the course was in deplorable condition. Probably a 2-3 out of 10. Greens terrible and this was after a week of being closed and aerated.

Also was behind four Professionals. Must have been pros because they didn't rake a single trap between the four of them. Must have been assuming their caddies were going to do this. Plus one of the cart drivers, and I use that term loosely lefty their cart half way between the tee and the green on most holes so that when they finally finished and laughed at their 8-10 shots on that hole they SLOWLY meandered back to the cart so that they could do it all over again.

And before you ask I did mention it to the Ambassador who gave me the while you know how some of these people are. I will speak to them as he headed off in the opposite direction. Here's hoping once the twilight golf start these characters stick to the Exec Courses vs the Championship Courses

graciegirl 05-19-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1400637)
Played Mangrove last evening and the course was in deplorable condition. Probably a 2-3 out of 10. Greens terrible and this was after a week of being closed and aerated.

Also was behind four Professionals. Must have been pros because they didn't rake a single trap between the four of them. Must have been assuming their caddies were going to do this. Plus one of the cart drivers, and I use that term loosely lefty their cart half way between the tee and the green on most holes so that when they finally finished and laughed at their 8-10 shots on that hole they SLOWLY meandered back to the cart so that they could do it all over again.

And before you ask I did mention it to the Ambassador who gave me the while you know how some of these people are. I will speak to them as he headed off in the opposite direction. Here's hoping once the twilight golf start these characters stick to the Exec Courses vs the Championship Courses

Florida drought is USA's worst

MrGolf 05-19-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1400643)

Drought has not impacted other neighboring courses in the area to the same extent. Lets not go down that path. As for Mangrove and its sister course across the street, Sweetgum the courses have both been in deplorable condition for the past 6 months

jimmemac 05-19-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1400651)
Drought has not impacted other neighboring courses in the area to the same extent. Lets not go down that path. As for Mangrove and its sister course across the street, Sweetgum the courses have both been in deplorable condition for the past 6 months

Neither one of these courses should be open for play, both should have been closed down and kept closed before the snowbirds left until they were properly taken care of!

MrGolf 05-20-2017 08:49 AM

Absolutely agree

Aw Man 05-20-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGolf (Post 1400637)

I have found that it helps improve my satisfaction with course conditions to remove recently aerated exec courses from my course selection (on tee time requests) for at least 3 weeks.