Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Books (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/)
-   -   John Sandford's Golden Prey. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-books-126/john-sandfords-golden-prey-241278/)

Taltarzac725 05-20-2017 06:34 AM

John Sandford's Golden Prey.

Golden Prey

This is quite good. :read: Lucas Davenport is now a Federal Marshal on the trail of some Biloxi MS robbers and murderers of drug dealers.

redwitch 05-20-2017 08:24 AM

Oh, good. Some new fishin grounds for Lucas. Kind of hard to imagine him out of the Midwest, though.

manaboutown 05-20-2017 10:18 AM

I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author

Taltarzac725 05-20-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1400949)
I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author

As a Federal Marshal we may be seeing Lucas Davenport more in the American Southwest and elsewhere. He is moving around the South in Golden Prey. Dallas too. I do not really consider Dallas-Ft. Worth as all that Southern but they sure are hot in the summer.

JerryLBell 05-20-2017 03:11 PM

I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.

Taltarzac725 05-20-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryLBell (Post 1401065)
I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.

Escape Clause

I liked Escape Clause too.

collie1228 05-21-2017 08:10 AM

I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.

Taltarzac725 05-21-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1401217)
I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.

You can get them from the library too. And I believe that there are libraries out there that allow you to borrow Kindle books for free.

How To Check Out Library Books on Your Kindle for Free

Do not see any Davenport books though at Lake County Library for e-books.

The Best Websites for Finding, Downloading, Borrowing, Renting, and Purchasing eBooks