Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Pulling Weeds/ Handyperson (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/pulling-weeds-handyperson-241745/)

rrufrano 05-30-2017 02:05 PM

Pulling Weeds/ Handyperson

Looking for an honest, reliable, dependent person who will commit to pulling weeds and actually...pull weeds. We are leaving for 10 weeks this summer, first time we have left The Villages for an extended period of time, and don't want to come back to a jungle. Have heard all the horror stories about weed pullers who take your money and don't show up. Looking for just the right person, the one you know, trust and can recommend. Thanking you in advance for your help.

graciegirl 05-30-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrufrano (Post 1404873)
Looking for an honest, reliable, dependent person who will commit to pulling weeds and actually...pull weeds. We are leaving for 10 weeks this summer, first time we have left The Villages for an extended period of time, and don't want to come back to a jungle. Have heard all the horror stories about weed pullers who take your money and don't show up. Looking for just the right person, the one you know, trust and can recommend. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Any of the good lawn people will do it, but expect to pay more than you might expect for it. The reason is that weeds are not easy to pull, especially grass that invades planting beds. They have long long long roots and are often accompanied by fire ants. Weeds also grow like weeds in the summertime and will reappear in a few weeks. It is hot and hard work to weed in Central Florida. Ask me how I know.

simpkinp 05-30-2017 07:39 PM

I use Choice Maintenance. They are totally reliable and I pay month to month. 352-502-2880. Tell them Nancy Simpkins recommended you and if they give me a referral fee I will give it to you. Not interested in the money, but they are good people.

rrufrano 05-30-2017 08:51 PM

Thanks, Nancy, I appreciate your interest and your recommendation. When I follow up I will mention your name.

rrufrano 05-30-2017 08:54 PM

Pulling Weeds

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1404920)
Any of the good lawn people will do it, but expect to pay more than you might expect for it. The reason is that weeds are not easy to pull, especially grass that invades planting beds. They have long long long roots and are often accompanied by fire ants. Weeds also grow like weeds in the summertime and will reappear in a few weeks. It is hot and hard work to weed in Central Florida. Ask me how I know.

I'll bite, lol, how do you know?

MJY10101 07-31-2017 09:24 AM

Weeds

Thanks for the recommendation Nancy.

Allegiance 07-31-2017 09:55 AM

I think there was a totv member who expressed an interest in gardening related employment. I will see if I can find the info.

graciegirl 07-31-2017 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rrufrano (Post 1405021)
I'll bite, lol, how do you know?

I sleep with our gardener. We have been married for over fifty years.