Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Medical Marijuana Treatment Clinics of Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/medical-marijuana-treatment-clinics-florida-242417/)

Ad poster 06-12-2017 04:49 PM

Medical Marijuana Treatment Clinics of Florida

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Get Informed

What is Medical Marijuana?
How Do Registry Cards Work?

Get Connected

Meet local medical marijuana patients, patient advocate groups, & industry representatives

Begin

Learn how to navigate the medical and legal process to access treatment

Visit our website below or visit one of our locations
(844) 682-8261

CLICK HERE FOR OUR WEBSITE

rivaridger1 06-13-2017 07:54 AM

Hey, if you are suffering from some medical malady for which current medical science has no good treatment and there is a chance some relief might be found, why not ? I read in todays WSJ the army is testing ganglion neck nerve blocks to treat PSTD as an experiment for the first time. If it might work, any treatment, in my opinion, is better then letting suffering continue in abated.

IXXIGolfer 06-13-2017 04:02 PM

The Conference covers What is Medical Marijuana, How to get a Florida Medical Marijuana Card and the medical conditions that can be helped using Medical Marijuana. Presenters and Conference co-ordinators are some of Florida's leading Medical Marijuana experts and there ao answer your questions. Also, there is a box lunch. The $10 reserves a place for you and covers the box lunch. The event is filling up fast - should be sold out. Let me know if you have any questions.

dsnrbec 06-13-2017 05:19 PM

I wish I were there to participate but won't be back until Sept. Hopefully it will be presented again. It saddens me that so many think this is something to be made light of. Many chronic health sufferers finally have a light at the end of a tunnel.

Yung Dum 06-13-2017 10:27 PM

Medical marijuana is not about getting high. People who like to get high are doing so without government approval. This is serious business and please don't let our state government water it down so as to make it meaningless. Maybe it won't help each of you, but it can help some of us.

ColdNoMore 06-13-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung Dum (Post 1411348)
Medical marijuana is not about getting high. People who like to get high are doing so without government approval. This is serious business and please don't let our state government water it down so as to make it meaningless. Maybe it won't help each of you, but it can help some of us.

It never ceases to amaze me, how many people who think marijuana is the devil drug...are self-medicating drunks or hooked on pain pills. :oops:

While I hope I never need either medically, I certainly don't see why opioids are handed out like candy...but pot is not even allowed to be prescribed by a medical doctor. :ohdear:

And as a far as that goes, why shouldn't it be legal for other than medical purposes?

Give me someone buzzed and laid back on pot over an aggressive drunk who wants to fight everyone...any time.

10000bees 06-22-2017 09:47 AM

Did anyone here go to the event yesterday? How did it go?
I wanted to show up but had a day of appointments.

manaboutown 06-22-2017 10:38 AM

Did they give out any free samples?

The Village Idiot 07-13-2017 08:41 AM

It's Sick

Quote:

Originally Posted by IXXIGolfer (Post 1411208)
The Conference covers What is Medical Marijuana, How to get a Florida Medical Marijuana Card and the medical conditions that can be helped using Medical Marijuana. Presenters and Conference co-ordinators are some of Florida's leading Medical Marijuana experts and there ao answer your questions. Also, there is a box lunch. The $10 reserves a place for you and covers the box lunch. The event is filling up fast - should be sold out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Unfortunately the misinformed jump right in to troll MMJ with worn out reefer madness jokes. They just need to blindly be against something. That's sad too, because they are the ones that would benefit the most from educating themselves. You never know when what you don't know might just hurt you, or a loved one. Why must some folks be the first to pop up spouting threadbare stereotypes for "The Stoner" and "The Pusher Man"?

MMTCFL 10-20-2017 09:48 AM

Villagers, Medical Marijuana Awareness Day events are coming back to your area next week! This cannabis education conference is better than ever thanks to a few key changes:
- Attendance is now FREE! Register at MarijuanaAware.com to save your spot.
- The conference is now condensed into a three-hour session with refreshments and plenty of opportunity for interaction
- There will be two sessions of this event for you to choose between, to better fit into your schedule!

cologal 10-20-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1411351)
It never ceases to amaze me, how many people who think marijuana is the devil drug...are self-medicating drunks or hooked on pain pills. :oops:

While I hope I never need either medically, I certainly don't see why opioids are handed out like candy...but pot is not even allowed to be prescribed by a medical doctor. :ohdear:

And as a far as that goes, why shouldn't it be legal for other than medical purposes?

Give me someone buzzed and laid back on pot over an aggressive drunk who wants to fight everyone...any time.

COME WEST YOUNG MAN!

We even have weed without THC just for the kids! Calm down its Medical MJ:

Charlotte's Web: The Strain That's Saving Lives | Colorado Pot Guide

But the best thing for Colorado in relation to POT is that it funds are vastly underfunded schools. All the tax, it is taxed heavily, goes to the state which then goes to the education department!

Legal Marijuana In Colorado Has Already Generated $15 Million For Schools | HuffPost

Here's Where Colorado Spends Its Skyrocketing Pot Tax Revenue

But Medical MJ proceeded the recreational by several years. A resident of Florida, I can no longer qualify for Medical MJ but the menu of products is large. Never smoked pot in my life but I did try a TD patch, not for me! 10 mg patch can be cut in half, quarter etc to regulate the dose. I've heard Florida does not have the TD patch only 10 mg pills. To get a Medical MJ card you do have to see a Medical Doctor!

Recreational MJ is not legal in all Colorado cities like my hometown Colorado Springs.

As John Denver once said ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!

PugMom 03-12-2020 07:47 AM

I've used Dr. Fox over in Lady Lake, on 441. they are very attentive, will answer all questions & help you get started if you aren't computer savvy. I heard they're opening another office in Lake Sumter, but no dispensary yet. It's finally beginning to be taken seriously as a viable option for pain relief without relying on opiods.

Jack11244 05-29-2021 11:08 AM

Any body have celiac ?

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-30-2021 09:01 AM

The laws governing weed are very stupid and should be just done away with ,, to many young people have been trapped in the legal system i because of arrests for weed. I have been smoking weed for probably 60 years and maybe 3 or 4 times a week usually sitting around outside listening to jazz , at 82 I’m on no medication and drink very little , in another week I’ll be able to walk into a store a block from my home in Boston that has 16,000 square feet of weed all legal and the sky has not fallen down in the state of Massachusetts because of legal weed , demonizing a drug that does no harm but being all for marijuana laws that actually do harm is wrong

manaboutown 05-30-2021 09:07 AM

"How Does Marijuana Affect a Person's Life?

Compared to those who don't use marijuana, those who frequently use large amounts report the following:

lower life satisfaction
poorer mental health
poorer physical health
more relationship problems
People also report less academic and career success. For example, marijuana use is linked to a higher likelihood of dropping out of school.18 It's also linked to more job absences, accidents, and injuries.19"

From: Marijuana DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

"Brain Health
Marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), attaches to the brain's cannabinoid receptors. These receptors connect to nerves in the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.

Multiple studies have linked marijuana use with a higher risk of the following psychotic symptoms:2

Delusions
Disorganized thinking and speech
Hallucinations
Teen marijuana use is also linked to an increased risk of depression and suicidal behavior.3"