Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   SCOTUS Expected to Rule On Trump Travel Ban Today. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/scotus-expected-rule-trump-travel-ban-today-243121/)

Taltarzac725 06-26-2017 08:38 AM

SCOTUS Expected to Rule On Trump Travel Ban Today.

The travel ban ruling today.

This should be interesting.

On the Supreme Court'''s Last Day, Waiting for Trump Travel Ban Ruling - NBC News

Taltarzac725 06-26-2017 09:49 AM

Actual News on the Trump Travel Ban.

Quote:

Posted by Guest
The travel ban ruling today.

This should be interesting.

On the Supreme Court'''s Last Day, Waiting for Trump Travel Ban Ruling - NBC News

Supreme Court decides to hear Trump travel ban arguments - breaking news - live updates - CBS News

They will rule on this in the Fall or later.

Quote:

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court has decided to hear arguments on President Trump's travel ban affecting citizens of six mostly Muslim countries and will be argued in October.

The high court also lifted most of the injunction blocking the president's travel ban, allowing it to take effect in most instances

The country had been waiting for the court to make its decision public about the biggest legal controversy in the first five months of Mr. Trump's presidency. The Supreme Court usually saves its most important decisions for the final day of the term. The issue has been tied up in the courts since his original order in January sparked confusion and widespread protests just days after he took office.

Taltarzac725 06-26-2017 09:56 AM

Travel Ban Case Goes To Supreme Court; Parts Of Trump's Executive Orders Are Revived : The Two-Way : NPR

Google it.

MDLNB 06-26-2017 12:24 PM

The Supreme Court APPROVED Trump's travel ban.
:BigApplause:..:BigApplause:...:BigApplause:

Chi-Town 06-26-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1417048)
The Supreme Court APPROVED Trump's travel ban.
:BigApplause:..:BigApplause:...:BigApplause:

A minor "victory" at best. But anything after 6 months gets your hopes up, doesn't it? We'll see how this plays out in the long run. Hold your applause for now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Taltarzac725 06-26-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
A minor "victory" at best. But anything after 6 months gets your hopes up, doesn't it? We'll see how this plays out in the long run. Hold your applause for now.

They sure are playing it for everything it is worth on FOX of late.

Allegiance 06-26-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1417121)

Yes after Trump replaces two more justices, you expect a more liberal outcome?

Duh

MDLNB 06-27-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Yes Chi, but it was really something when it was shut down by the ninth court, wasn't it? All you libtards on here were jumping up and down in celebration. But now it's small potatoes, right? You were better off, just steaming about this in private than showing how much of a bad loser you are by posting on this.

MDLNB 06-27-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Yes after Trump replaces two more justices, you expect a more liberal outcome?

Duh

Interesting patriots we have here. They hope and pray (pray, not so much) that Trump will fail. They do not see their train leaving without them.

Taltarzac725 06-27-2017 09:07 AM

It will be a MOOT case by October. So, I do not see it really having any precedence value in the future.

MDLNB 06-27-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
It will be a MOOT case by October. So, I do not see it really having any precedence value in the future.

Another poor loser, that doesn't have a clue.

Allegiance 06-27-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1417538)

None whatsoever, except the actual precedence....lol

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-27-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Not sure what you mean by that, but this is a huge deal. The lower court wasn't just overturned, it was overturned 9-0. This is like a no-hitter in baseball. It sets a precedent for future rulings and it says that the president has the authority to do this.

Hopefully, it will make the ninth circuit court think twice before making absurd rulings in the future.

Allegiance 06-27-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1417647)
Not sure what you mean by that, but this is a huge deal. The lower court wasn't just overturned, it was overturned 9-0. This is like a no-hitter in baseball. It sets a precedent for future rulings and it says that the president has the authority to do this.

Hopefully, it will make the ninth circuit court think twice before making absurd rulings in the future.

Exactly!!!!

Taltarzac725 06-27-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Despite What Trump Says, the Supreme Court Was Not 'Unanimous' on Travel Ban

Trump is lying as usual.