Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   World Opinion and Donald John Trump. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/world-opinion-donald-john-trump-243467/)

Taltarzac725 07-03-2017 09:11 AM

World Opinion and Donald John Trump.

Trump is destroying his credibility with the world (opinion) - CNN.com

As he heads into his very important week.

MDLNB 07-03-2017 08:29 PM

Of course CNN is real credible.............NOT!!!

Who cares what the world thinks, as long as they fear us. Obama had them all laughing at us, with their hands out for freebies.

wjboyer1 07-03-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Who cares what the world thinks, as long as they fear us. Obama had them all laughing at us, with their hands out for freebies.

Let's see.....we have a trade DEFICIT, which means that we buy from other countries more than we sell to them.....
The world actually respected Obama, and now they look at Trump as a real joke, but the joke may be on us, because NOW the rest of the world can look at what they sell to us, and because of Trump's threats to tariff imports, most everything will cost US in the USA MORE. Just look at what he did regarding soft wood products from Canada.......

That can very well be the beginning.....

Thanks again for the support of a mindless president.

Abby10 07-04-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Let's see.....we have a trade DEFICIT, which means that we buy from other countries more than we sell to them.....
The world actually respected Obama, and now they look at Trump as a real joke, but the joke may be on us, because NOW the rest of the world can look at what they sell to us, and because of Trump's threats to tariff imports, most everything will cost US in the USA MORE. Just look at what he did regarding soft wood products from Canada.......

That can very well be the beginning.....

Thanks again for the support of a mindless president.

I get so tired of the comments about how loved and respected Obama was. In my travels overseas during those years, that is not what I heard at all. They thought he was a joke. In fact, people would tread very carefully at first, asking me what I thought of him. When they found out I was not a supporter, they unloaded. I found in my travels (this was Europe) that most loved the USA, but Obama - not so much. What I gathered was that most want a strong America, not a weak one. A strong America benefits all, not just us.

Btw, a Happy 4th to all!

Taltarzac725 07-04-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I get so tired of the comments about how loved and respected Obama was. In my travels overseas during those years, that is not what I heard at all. They thought he was a joke. In fact, people would tread very carefully at first, asking me what I thought of him. When they found out I was not a supporter, they unloaded. I found in my travels (this was Europe) that most loved the USA, but Obama - not so much. What I gathered was that most want a strong America, not a weak one. A strong America benefits all, not just us.

Btw, a Happy 4th to all!

7 charts on how the world views President Obama | Pew Research Center

I wonder how Trump would do? Confidence in Trump low worldwide | Pew Research Center

Don Baldwin 07-04-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Btw, a Happy 4th to all!

He was a joke...and America became a joke when they elected a black.

Of course they did...people have to be wary...they have to pretend that they're "progressive", "inclusive" or the crazy progressives go off on you.

Polls? Really? Ask the right people and you can get whatever answer you want.

Abby10 07-04-2017 09:33 AM

Well, we know how good the polls are - remember the 2016 election? You can do so much reading and analyzing. Talking to real people who live the consequences of particular actions, and to people who have first hand experience, now that's getting closer to the truth. IMO, the results of polls are often what someone else wants to deem as truth, and you have little knowledge of the credibility of those polled and/or those conducting the polling.

Taltarzac725 07-04-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Well, we know how good the polls are - remember the 2016 election? You can do so much reading and analyzing. Talking to real people who live the consequences of particular actions, and to people who have first hand experience, now that's getting closer to the truth. IMO, the results of polls are often what someone else wants to deem as truth, and you have little knowledge of the credibility of those polled and/or those conducting the polling.

I do believe that the Heisenberg Uncertainly Principle applies to polls too. What is Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle? | Science | The Guardian

Abby10 07-04-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I do believe that the Heisenberg Uncertainly Principle applies to polls too. What is Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle? | Science | The Guardian

Just my opinion for what it's worth, but seems to me that dealing with people in general, along with the ambiguity of polling questions, can be even more complex than that. :shrug:

Rockyrd 07-04-2017 12:25 PM

Lets understand some things here.....

RUSSIA is and has been not only the biggest long term threat to the United States but the world, and specifically and most dangerous to our friends in Eastern Europe.

They have also been interfering in not only the US election process but that of many countries. Other countries have placed sanctions on them for everything from election interference to simply fear of their move to just change boundaries as a bully with great agression.

In the United States, we placed sanctions on the Russians once again for the interference in our election.

Now, our President is trying to negotiate NOT ONLY A REDUCTION OR REMOVAL of these sanctions, but to prevent his own congress from being allowed to interfere with what he might want to do with Russia.

White House Tries to Get G.O.P. to Water Down Russia Sanctions Bill - The New York Times

Now, he has an ally in fighting these sanctions. The big oil companies who stand to lose money if the sanctions are allowed.

Oil Giants Lobby Against Bill to Toughen Russia Sanctions - WSJ

There is bi partisan support to keep the sanctions but some Republicans are folding and filing procedural delays to the sanction.

I realize how most of you do not like to read factual accounts but found a piece that captures a bit of what is happening and how it not only affects us but also other countries.

"A Congressional bill imposing major new sanctions on key sectors of the Russian economy is putting further strain on America’s relations with European partners and may meet resistance from the Trump administration.

Germany and Austria are concerned they were not consulted about the measures which they fear may jeopardise the involvement of European companies in Russian energy pipeline projects. The White House is opposed to provisions that would limit presidential powers to influence sanctions policy.

The proposed new restrictions reflect Congressional concerns over President Donald Trump’s campaign pledges to seek a rapprochement with Moscow and his reluctance to acknowledge alleged Russian election meddling.

The sanctions will affect Russia’s mining, metals, railway, shipping, defence and intelligence sectors, as well as Russians implicated in cyber-attacks, human rights abuses and the supply of arms to the Assad regime. They additionally target privatisations of state-owned assets, and strengthen existing measures against the energy and finance sectors and deep water, arctic and shale oil prospecting.

The measures also put into law sanctions against Moscow issued by former President Barack Obama as executive orders and require Trump to seek Congressional approval before lifting or relaxing measures.

The sanctions, passed overwhelmingly by the Senate in mid-June in a surprising display of bipartisanship, punish Russia for its alleged interference in the US elections and interventions in Syria and Ukraine. They form an amendment to a bill imposing further sanctions on Iran over its ballistic missile tests, support for terrorism and human rights abuses. Some commentators suggest the Democrats were not ready to back the Iran sanctions unless the Russian restrictions were added. The vote was taken amid increasing scrutiny of Russia’s alleged role in last year’s presidential ballot."

A Storm Is Brewing Over New US Sanctions On Russia, These Are Biggest Immediate Threats | Frontera News

This captures the turmoil pretty well.

Trump is worried about his power.

Oil companies worried about their profits

Many are worried about allowing Russian to invade us cyberwise.

If the sanctions are not allowed, a victory for Russia and Trump and Oil companies. In my opinion, also a big loss for our country because we are rapidly becoming a push over in the cyber world and in regards to what we used to hold dear in the USA.

Time will tell.

MDLNB 07-04-2017 01:40 PM

If I cared what other countries thought of America, I would probably move back to one of them. But, out of all the countries I have either lived in or visited, I found nothing they had that I would want for America. Let me amend that comment with a caveat. When I was young and single, I did see quit a few beautiful women that would make nice additions to our county's master gene pool. But, did I ever care what someone thought of our president? Nope.

Liberals put more stock in appearances than in substance. Hence their great attraction to Hollywood. But, they are hypocrites. Nuff said.

Don Baldwin 07-04-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
If I cared what other countries thought of America, I would probably move back to one of them. But, out of all the countries I have either lived in or visited, I found nothing they had that I would want for America. Let me amend that comment with a caveat. When I was young and single, I did see quit a few beautiful women that would make nice additions to our county's master gene pool. But, did I ever care what someone thought of our president? Nope.

Liberals put more stock in appearances than in substance. Hence their great attraction to Hollywood. But, they are hypocrites. Nuff said.

Yes they do...they're fixated on skin color.

I judge people by their character, their actions...there's NOTHING about blacks that I want for America.

Chi-Town 07-04-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1420345)

Obama was a rock star compared to Trump as far as overseas opinions. He still is.

Obama's approval ratings around world - Business Insider

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MDLNB 07-04-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Obama was a rock star compared to Trump as far as overseas opinions. He still is.

Obama's approval ratings around world - Business Insider

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ok, lets say I concur with your findings. What difference does it make? They all still want our billions of dollars and will hold their hands out. So what someone's popularity poll is, shouldn't matter to any intelligent American. Let's face it, we are a better country than any other country. Everyone in those other countries emulate America, not the other way around. They can tell us how great they have it, but some of us have seen how they have it and know better.
Example:

Compare the standard of living of our middle class to their middle class. Big difference. We live like their upper class. Their middle class lives like our lower class. Our poverty level has a better standard of living than their poverty level. Our poverty level lives very close to the same living standard as their middle class. I've seen it.

Don Baldwin 07-04-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Ok, lets say I concur with your findings. What difference does it make? They all still want our billions of dollars and will hold their hands out. So what someone's popularity poll is, shouldn't matter to any intelligent American. Let's face it, we are a better country than any other country. Everyone in those other countries emulate America, not the other way around. They can tell us how great they have it, but some of us have seen how they have it and know better.
Example:

Compare the standard of living of our middle class to their middle class. Big difference. We live like their upper class. Their middle class lives like our lower class. Our poverty level has a better standard of living than their poverty level. Our poverty level lives very close to the same living standard as their middle class. I've seen it.

You're living in the past...in the 1950s, America was as you describe.

You've seen that in 3rd world countries. Not in European countries.

America is down to #25 in most things now...as the demographics changed...America changed.