Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   If you can't beat them, join them !!! -- Par Car speed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/if-you-cant-beat-them-join-them-par-car-speed-243829/)

My Daily Run 07-11-2017 06:56 AM

If you can't beat them, join them !!! -- Par Car speed

I am looking for someone to raise the speed on my Parcar...private message me if you'd like. I have been driving my golf cart at 20 for 7 years and I don't care if you pass me but I have had too many close calls now that I relocated down to the south end of The Villages. I have been driving on Pinellas for over 3 years and after they get past me they slow down and cut me off. Crazy...I have had to slam on my breaks way too many times to avoid an accident...the winter is a nightmare...I am joining them as it seems that the police are not taking hold of the situation, so be it...I will be just one more privileged Villager in a big pond.

JoelJohnson 07-11-2017 07:59 AM

I'm sure you can, but remember, it's very expensive if you get caught.

Polar Bear 07-11-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelJohnson (Post 1423010)
I'm sure you can, but remember, it's very expensive if you get caught.

Let's just copy/paste the other thread(s) and save everybody a lot of time. :)

Chi-Town 07-11-2017 08:09 AM

The easy solution for me was to put larger tires on the back. 2+ mph

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My Daily Run 07-11-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1423011)
Let's just copy/paste the other thread(s) and save everybody a lot of time. :)

It is the same old story but I am doing something about it not just complaining like everyone else...now I can drag race you

Polar Bear 07-11-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Daily Run (Post 1423025)
It is the same old story but I am doing something about it not just complaining like everyone else...now I can drag race you

Heheh. I see you are. (Notice I quoted somebody else, not you. :) )

Mikeod 07-11-2017 09:15 AM

I owned a 2007 Par Car and tried to get the speed changed. No one but Par Car could alter it as it took a computer program to access the controller, or so I was told.

My Daily Run 07-11-2017 09:31 AM

Yes

My Daily Run 07-11-2017 09:34 AM

I was told the same thing years ago but I was at Starbucks one day and a gentleman comment that he had a similar cart and asked me what the governor was set at...I told him 20 and he said his was at 24...a neighbor boosted it...I think everything is possible you just have to find that guy

Sparty6971 07-11-2017 12:07 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

coffeebean 07-26-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Daily Run (Post 1423059)
I was told the same thing years ago but I was at Starbucks one day and a gentleman comment that he had a similar cart and asked me what the governor was set at...I told him 20 and he said his was at 24...a neighbor boosted it...I think everything is possible you just have to find that guy

Are these gas or electric carts? Is there a governor on an electric cart? I've been told "no".

rubicon 07-26-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Daily Run (Post 1422988)
I am looking for someone to raise the speed on my Parcar...private message me if you'd like. I have been driving my golf cart at 20 for 7 years and I don't care if you pass me but I have had too many close calls now that I relocated down to the south end of The Villages. I have been driving on Pinellas for over 3 years and after they get past me they slow down and cut me off. Crazy...I have had to slam on my breaks way too many times to avoid an accident...the winter is a nightmare...I am joining them as it seems that the police are not taking hold of the situation, so be it...I will be just one more privileged Villager in a big pond.

For an electric cart two ways are to change the gear ratio or to install a larger electric motor and to increase tire size. if your cart is doing 20mph its fine.

I see no problem with increasing up to 24-25mph but any amount above that is pushing it.

coffeebean 07-27-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1428653)
For an electric cart two ways are to change the gear ratio or to install a larger electric motor and to increase tire size. if your cart is doing 20mph its fine.

I see no problem with increasing up to 24-25mph but any amount above that is pushing it.

Our cart is not quite a year old so it is still under warranty. If I alter the cart in any way, I have a feeling it will void the warranty. I already have 10" tires and my cart reaches 20 to 21mph only going down hill. Otherwise, it will maintain 19.8 on flat land.

Jima64 07-27-2017 02:56 PM

Why?

Is that extra bit pf speed worth it?

leftyf 07-27-2017 03:02 PM

Get your cart going full speed and do a panic stop and see what happens. It's not how fast your cart will go, it's how fast it will stop.