Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Terrible landscaper response (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/terrible-landscaper-response-244007/)

sadie44 07-15-2017 09:39 AM

Terrible landscaper response

I contacted Reese Cason (Wildwood) to trim my Sylvester Palm. He gave me an appointment and did not show or return calls. Finally got a hold of him a few days later and he said he had dropped his phone. He gave me another appointment a few days later. His guys showed up (late) and looked at the tree, gave me a price and said would be back 3 days later(I thought they were coming to do the work). Never showed for the new appointment and never called me back. Terrible service-DO NOT USE THEM.

Nucky 07-15-2017 09:50 AM

It's very typical. I don't get upset anymore I just call someone else or wait till somebody in the neighborhood is doing a job for a neighbor. Call these guys they will do what they say when they say they will do it. Choice Maintenance 352-502-2880. They are not the cheapest or the most expensive, they are looking for a long term customer. Good Luck.

borjo 07-15-2017 10:31 AM

I had good service with Reese Cason. I went through HomeAdvisor.com. Yes he was late but in the middle of a fallen tree take-down. Came later that day with 2 other men.

Wiotte 07-15-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadie44 (Post 1424500)
I contacted Reese Cason (Wildwood) to trim my Sylvester Palm. He gave me an appointment and did not show or return calls. Finally got a hold of him a few days later and he said he had dropped his phone. He gave me another appointment a few days later. His guys showed up (late) and looked at the tree, gave me a price and said would be back 3 days later(I thought they were coming to do the work). Never showed for the new appointment and never called me back. Terrible service-DO NOT USE THEM.

Actually he didn't give you any service. Feel grateful he didn't.

fw102807 07-15-2017 01:03 PM

Reese Cason took down a palm tree for us and did a good job for a fair price. Choice Maintenance is however faster at replying.

autumnspring 07-16-2017 01:14 PM

Not defending anyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadie44 (Post 1424500)

We've been getting rain and LIGHTENING almost everyday.
I for one would not want to be hugging any palm or.... in a lightening storm.

In our past home we had a hilarious Irish retired high school guidance counselor. It was not florida. I too wondered why these people were so irresponsible. His reply was you remember these people from high school. They are not stupid they just never follow the rules.

As to dropping his phone. I would expect that is truth. Surely if it was a lie he would have invented something better than that. Truth-another friend dropped his cell phone in his toilet. They do not work after that. TRUTH NO NOT ME.

Don't sweat the small stuff. In the end it is all small stuff.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

sadie44 07-20-2017 04:10 PM

Reese Cason Landscaping

Just advising so others don't waste their time with this guy. Rearranging my schedule 3 times and not even a call back is not small stuff to me. Found someone else - just letting others know my experience with him.

rubicon 07-21-2017 05:52 AM

I suspect in part of the problem rests with the fact that this community continues to grow and due to the median age of its residents rely more on others for services from restaurants to lawns.
(ie demand exceeds supply)