Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/)
-   -   Craigcat (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/craigcat-244474/)

Phil and Jeanne 07-26-2017 06:02 PM

Craigcat

Does anyone out there own a Craigcat?
I am very interested but my wife thinks the ride would be to rough therefore hard on your back. I need some feed back on the smoothness of the ride or not.

autumnspring 07-26-2017 07:11 PM

Read the reviews

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil and Jeanne (Post 1428705)
Does anyone out there own a Craigcat?
I am very interested but my wife thinks the ride would be to rough therefore hard on your back. I need some feed back on the smoothness of the ride or not.

It is a flat bottom boat with a 30 hp engine on it. Two flat hulls will not be any smoother than one.
I've never been on one but I used to have a flat bottom dory with a 25 hp. Was back breaker and I was about 20 year younger.

bagboy 07-26-2017 07:18 PM

It might be a good idea to try out a CraigCat. They have tours in Mt. Dora.

Cat Boat Tours & Boat Rental Club — Mount Dora, Florida

It looks like fun for a few minutes, but we aren't as young physically as we once were.

Matt and Gail 07-27-2017 06:14 AM

Boating

Just wanted to throw this out there. Check into the Chain of Lakes Boat Club. We joined because we wanted to boat, but did not like the high costs of storage etc. Its a great fit for my wife and I, and we have 23+ different boats to use. They no longer have a Craigcat and I was told that it was not very popular when compared to the other boats in the club. www.chainoflakesboatclub.com

Charlie and Gina are wonderful people and I highly recommend anyone who likes boating to try it! Contact information for Charlie is on the facebook page.

collie1228 07-27-2017 08:31 AM

We took the Craigcat tour on Lake Dora in the Spring and really enjoyed it. The cruise across the lake was slow and easy, with a guide explaining the different sights on the lake. The tour operator used walkie-talkies for communications, which isn't optimum, but was OK. I believe there were seven boats on our tour (we were two couples). After about a 45 minute cruise at about ten MPH, we entered the Dora Canal which connects Lake Dora and Lake Eustis. This was a leisurely cruise, with many other boats going both directions on the canal. After a round trip to Lake Eustis, we re-entered Lake Dora and make a FAST trip back to the dock. This is where you will get a lot of bouncing around, as you go flat out for about twenty minutes, and these boats really go. My girlfriend did not enjoy this part of the trip. Over all we all felt it was worth the cost. I would do it again - she probably wouldn't. Hope this helps.