Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Is it legal for a golf cart to cross 441? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/legal-golf-cart-cross-441-a-244516/)

joldnol 07-27-2017 02:09 PM

Is it legal for a golf cart to cross 441?

I was up north today and saw two cross near lowes. If it is legal why did tv build the bridge?

Wiotte 07-27-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joldnol (Post 1429038)
I was up north today and saw two cross near lowes. If it is legal why did tv build the bridge?

Street legal maybe. Dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion St Croix 07-27-2017 02:13 PM

Only legal at the traffic light by the Spruce Creek South gate which is SE 175th Place.

golfing eagles 07-27-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

There's a whole thread on this subject, recently. Try a search, I forget the title of the thread.

DonH57 07-27-2017 02:17 PM

I was told street legal may but I've seen non street legal do it as well.

joldnol 07-27-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1429041)
There's a whole thread on this subject, recently. Try a search, I forget the title of the thread.

Found it, thanks. I haven't been on the site for a month or more

joldnol 07-27-2017 02:30 PM

I just made a liar of myself since I see I responded to a thread on 7/22

John_W 07-27-2017 03:56 PM

A couple of times I've been in the left turn lane on Morse headed east waiting for the light so I could go north on 441/27 and a regular golf in the middle lane crosses right over 441 straight ahead and enters the Country Club Hills gate just as if they were a car. First time I saw it I couldn't believe, look to your right, why did they build that bridge. Some people just feel like rules are meant to be broken.

Another one is carts east bound on Pinellas headed across Morse by the fire station. They should turn left at the gate and take the MMP north a short distance, turn right go under Morse through the tunnel and exit by the driving range and then go south to Moyer Loop. Instead, these people go right out the Pinellas gate as if they are a car, go around the traffic circle and turn onto Moyer in front of the fire station. It does save a lot of time and distance, but it's not safe to be in a golf cart at one of the busier roundabouts.

NotGolfer 07-27-2017 05:25 PM

LSV's (street legal) can do this BUT some folks with regular ones who don't know better may see them and follow suit. It's fine at the controlled intersections...

JC and John 07-28-2017 05:19 AM

Quote:

We saw them. 2 women in the cart which was NOT street legal. They appeared clueless to their surroundings. They drifted in front of my husbands car attempting to turn left into the shopping center at Spanish Plaines. Hubby had to stop short to keep from hitting them. Yikes! Let them know they should not be on the road. But again they seemed clueless. Oh well.

GatorFan 07-30-2017 11:20 AM

Hwy patrol had a golf cart pulled over yesterday on 301 just North of Brown's Market.

Law enforcement has announced they will be concentrating on traffic and violations. I have noticed more hwy patrol and sheriff cars lately.