Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Jet Ski Rentals (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/jet-ski-rentals-244825/)

Maverick46 08-03-2017 05:48 AM

Jet Ski Rentals

We love to jet ski. Any good rental places near the Villages? Are there any Villages clubs or groups that do jet ski tours or anything like that?

I found some places over on the Gulf Coast near Tampa and Clearwater, just wondered if there was anything closer.

Thanks.

suebu 08-03-2017 06:27 AM

I thought someone mentioned jet ski and pontoon boat rentals at Lake Weir. Perhaps calling Eaton's Beach to see if they have them or can direct you to someone on the lake. less than 15 minutes from the Villages. Good Luck

Gator Fan 08-03-2017 10:20 AM

Yes, they do rent jet skis at Eaton's Beach at Lake Weir and it is a nice lake to run them.

Maverick46 08-03-2017 10:33 AM

Oh yeah. Just Googled Eaton's beach and they do indeed rent jet skis. Thanks. Looks like a beautiful lake.

Dumb question, but I have to ask. Gators in there? Not sure my honey would be happy about that. I know, spoken like a true Northerner. Sorry.

photo1902 08-03-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick46 (Post 1431785)
Oh yeah. Just Googled Eaton's beach and they do indeed rent jet skis. Thanks. Looks like a beautiful lake.

Dumb question, but I have to ask. Gators in there? Not sure my honey would be happy about that. I know, spoken like a true Northerner. Sorry.

Yes, there are gators in Lake Weir.

Maverick46 08-10-2017 07:04 AM

Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida. So how does that work, are there areas where it's safe to go around the lake or is it hazardous everywhere? I see pictures of beaches and swimming areas at the lake as well as lots of boats and water craft. Just nobody goes in the water?

I'll have to think twice about this, may have to limit our jet skiing to the Gulf.

Thanks.

Mickedamouse24 08-10-2017 01:00 PM

;)Yep! Now all you have to worry about is Sharks and Jellyfish! What a situation! Go to Lake Weir! The sound of the jet ski scares away any gator nearby!!! Have Fun! Or make sure you stay on the jet ski and there would be no worry at all!!!:a040:

BK001 08-10-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick46 (Post 1434387)
Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida. So how does that work, are there areas where it's safe to go around the lake or is it hazardous everywhere? I see pictures of beaches and swimming areas at the lake as well as lots of boats and water craft. Just nobody goes in the water?

I'll have to think twice about this, may have to limit our jet skiing to the Gulf.

Thanks.

OMG - I'll probably have nightmares just from reading this post. I am so terrified of alligators that I can not go into our own (enclosed) pool at night unless someone is with me. How on earth would anyone trust going into a body of water with alligators? I wouldn't even trust a row boat let alone a jet ski.

But then -- many of you might feel the same way about living in Brooklyn. LOL To each his own I guess.

graciegirl 08-10-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick46 (Post 1431785)

Have you been here to The Villages yet?

Nucky 08-10-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1434606)
OMG - I'll probably have nightmares just from reading this post. I am so terrified of alligators that I can not go into our own (enclosed) pool at night unless someone is with me. How on earth would anyone trust going into a body of water with alligators? I wouldn't even trust a row boat let alone a jet ski.

But then -- many of you might feel the same way about living in Brooklyn. LOL To each his own I guess.

I know exactly how you feel. I saw the Jet Ski's at Lake Weir and asked the Gator question and he said they won't bother you. I'm doing better with getting less concerned with the wildlife but I would walk around a puddle here cause you never know. Going in The Cement Pond at night alone...no way good call. :agree:

Barefoot 08-10-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Sure people go in the water. But be warned that gators don't necessarily respect "No Trespassing" signs. :eek:

Nucky 08-10-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1434622)
Sure people go in the water. But be warned that gators don't necessarily respect "No Trespassing" signs. :eek:

They don't know how to read Silly Goose! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Barefoot 08-10-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida.

We even have gators in our little retention ponds.
Be careful and don't take your dogs near the ponds.
The gators travel through the tubes so one day you see a gator, and the next day, he's moved on.
I speak from experience.

Maverick46 08-11-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1434613)
Have you been here to The Villages yet?

Yes, many times over the years. We have friends that live there.

rjn5656 08-11-2017 07:06 AM

you can rent jet skiis at Tavares