Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Nuts and bolts of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/)
-   -   home purchase for son (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/home-purchase-son-245267/)

Bunzl1951 08-13-2017 04:35 PM

home purchase for son

I just purchased a home for my son. He is 43 with special needs and I will be leasing home to him. Will we be able to obtain resident ID for him?
Thank you

Mudder 08-13-2017 04:56 PM

Yes

thelegges 08-13-2017 05:52 PM

Yes you have to turn in the IDS for the home and have a residence pass for him. There are a couple of ways to do it. You can have one that you do yearly if you'd like, or you can actually have one set up for 3 years so you do not have continually to renew it. Contact the office in Spanish Springs and they will help you do everything.

rjm1cc 08-13-2017 06:57 PM

Just curious on how the over 55 requirement works in the villages. 20% of the homes can be occupied by residences(all) under 55 so do you just apply for a waiver or do they have requirements you have to meet in order to get a waiver?

thelegges 08-13-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 1435585)
Just curious on how the over 55 requirement works in the villages. 20% of the homes can be occupied by residences(all) under 55 so do you just apply for a waiver or do they have requirements you have to meet in order to get a waiver?

No waiver our oldest is 46 and looking here, TV told him they are no where close to the 20%

redwitch 08-14-2017 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1435562)
Yes you have to turn in the IDS for the home and have a residence pass for him. There are a couple of ways to do it. You can have one that you do yearly if you'd like, or you can actually have one set up for 3 years so you do not have continually to renew it. Contact the office in Spanish Springs and they will help you do everything.

Go to the Spanish Springs office for the yearly pass. It will cost $50 each year and is a paper type pass. Go to the office at Lake Sumter Landing above Johnny Rocket's for the three-year pass. The entrance is in the passageway to the parking lot by Starbucks. This is a blue plastic pass with picture and, I believe, costs $25.

njbchbum 08-14-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Have been told that the %ages are verified by keeping a tally according to IDs that are issued since the ID application requires providing birth dates.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 08-14-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

This is the most misunderstood thing that I've ever heard of in my life. People who know keep posting it and yet misinformation is prevalent.

The law states that in order to qualify as an "Over 55" or retirement community at least 80% OF THE HOMES must be occupied BY AT LEAST ONE PERSON over the age of 55. That's it.

There is no 20% requirement or 80% of the population requirement.

billethkid 08-14-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

There are no age restrictions on resale homes.
80-20 is much talked about......not a reality....and I would not guess in which direction.

No monitoring/no enforcement/no problem.

Rapscallion St Croix 08-14-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1435765)
There are no age restrictions on resale homes.
80-20 is much talked about......not a reality....and I would not guess in which direction.

No monitoring/no enforcement/no problem.

Oh, it is monitored. HUD requires the community to provide updates bi-annually. If The Villages is found to be outside the parameters it will lose it's status as an age restricted community forever. It would't be long after that before we would have families with small children moving in.

manaboutown 08-14-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1435778)
Oh, it is monitored. HUD requires the community to provide updates bi-annually. If The Villages is found to be outside the parameters it will lose it's status as an age restricted community forever. It would't be long after that before we would have families with small children moving in.

I do not know if the Wikipedia short version of what happened is accurate but the first age restricted retirement community in the United States, Youngtown, AZ, did lose or give up its age restricted status. Youngtown, Arizona - Wikipedia

rubicon 08-14-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1435778)

already happening and has for sometime... forget over 55, 20% etc when it comes to money it has no age.. sellers will sell to an buyer the rules be damned.Renting is another loop hole

rubicon 08-14-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunzl1951 (Post 1435547)
I just purchased a home for my son. He is 43 with special needs and I will be leasing home to him. Will we be able to obtain resident ID for him?
Thank you

it would seem you would be able to obtain a three year ID Card for your son since you are the deed owner. Once the home is deeded to him he gets a permanent ID