Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Tina Fey and Charlottesville and on Other Stuff. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/tina-fey-charlottesville-other-stuff-245532/)

Taltarzac725 08-19-2017 07:28 PM

Tina Fey and Charlottesville and on Other Stuff.

Watch Tina Fey Take Out Charlottesville Angst on Cake on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I cannot get enough of Saturday Night Live in the time of Donald John Trump. "Donnie John" according to Tina Fey.

Rockyrd 08-19-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

I cannot get enough of Saturday Night Live in the time of Donald John Trump. "Donnie John" according to Tina Fey.

I usually enjoy political satire, but our country needs serious discussion.

Taltarzac725 08-19-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I usually enjoy political satire, but our country needs serious discussion.

You do not watch SNL for serious discussion. And comedy has been a real way of healing people over 1000s of years.

Rockyrd 08-19-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
You do not watch SNL for serious discussion. And comedy has been a real way of healing people over 1000s of years.

Point well taken, but I am petrified of what is happening in this country, but you are right.

I have seen enough of making fun of others...this forum plus the President do that daily in quantity.

Not raining in your parade, but when you read here, and realize what people adore, and how the moral,structure of this country is being simply upnrooted, I guess I lose my sense of humor.

Brown shirts, Nazi flags, nazi chants, Boy Scouts being led in adoring chants of the leader use of total misinformation, and defense thereof bothers me.

mellincf 08-21-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

I thought it was the most hilarious thing I've seen in months, and we certainly need comedy during this stressful time. If only that cake were chocolate I would have lunged for it.

Taltarzac725 08-21-2017 08:08 AM

The U of VA is where my sister-in-law graduated. She was a star kind of at her high school.

Taltarzac725 08-21-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I thought it was the most hilarious thing I've seen in months, and we certainly need comedy during this stressful time. If only that cake were chocolate I would have lunged for it.

Glad you liked it! :wave:

Allegiance 08-21-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1438235)
The U of VA is where my sister-in-law graduated. She was a star kind of at her high school.

Is that the sister that briefly hired you as a gofer before she fired you?

Chi-Town 08-21-2017 08:51 PM

Just watched it. Here's rhe SNL link:

Weekend Update: Tina Fey on Protesting After Charlottesville - SNL - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Taltarzac725 08-21-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Just watched it. Here's rhe SNL link:

Weekend Update: Tina Fey on Protesting After Charlottesville - SNL - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link!