Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TV #2 Top Selling MP community (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tv-2-top-selling-mp-community-245572/)

twoplanekid 08-21-2017 11:03 AM

TV #2 Top Selling MP community

As a follow up to the growth article in today’s Daily Sun news article, I have enclosed the link to show who’s #1 and others in the RCLCO Real Estate Advisors ranking.

RCLCO Advisory: Top-Selling Master-Planned Communities: Mid-Year Update 2017

Jayhawk 08-21-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1438347)
As a follow up to the growth article in today’s Daily Sun news article, I have enclosed the link to show who’s #1 and others in the RCLCO Real Estate Advisors ranking.

RCLCO Advisory: Top-Selling Master-Planned Communities: Mid-Year Update 2017

Apples and oranges. Completely different type of development.

Irvine Ranch | Good Planning

The 93,000-acre Irvine Ranch stretches nine miles along the Pacific coast, 22 miles inland and encompasses more than one-fifth of Orange County’s total 798 square miles. Within its boundaries lie the city of Irvine and parts of Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Tustin, Orange and Anaheim, plus unincorporated county land and small portions of Santa Ana and Costa Mesa

manaboutown 08-21-2017 01:19 PM

Irvine Ranch lies within Orange County, CA which naturally contains some less desirable areas which factor into the median price. The newer Irvine Ranch developments are quite pricey IMHO, which place them well above the OC median price point of $934,250. Median new-home price in Orange County hits record $934,250 – Orange County Register

As an aside, wealthy Chinese are purchasing new Irvine condominiums in droves, some individuals buying 5 or 6 at a time. They appear anxious to get their money out of Yen and park it in hard assets in the good old USA.

l2ridehd 08-21-2017 01:36 PM

And Irvine Ranch sales are 99% resales. It has been built out for years. The only new homes are the occasional empty lot or the destroy and rebuild. The Villages 973 has to be only resale and does not include new.

VILLAGERBB 08-21-2017 03:08 PM

The Villages is considered a Master Planned RETIREMENT community whereas Irvine is for upper crust professionals and their families. Irvine is extremely expensive and attracts the successful and wealthy. It is concrete, buildings and traffic everywhere. I'm not sure Irvine even has a golf course?

twoplanekid 08-21-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1438414)
And Irvine Ranch sales are 99% resales. It has been built out for years. The only new homes are the occasional empty lot or the destroy and rebuild. The Villages 973 has to be only resale and does not include new.

I believe these figures are for the sales of new homes. From the article in the link, it reads "including a comparison with their 2016 mid-year new home sales".

l2ridehd 08-22-2017 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1438459)
I believe these figures are for the sales of new homes. From the article in the link, it reads "including a comparison with their 2016 mid-year new home sales".

Than the numbers that Lyle Gant posts are wrong. Because his numbers are significantly higher than those of that article. Also the numbers provided by the Villages at the Wednesday meeting are higher.

Somehow the article and numbers provided by those sources are different. Maybe looking at apples vs oranges or something. You would think they would be a lot closer as the data has to be out there accurate someplace. Could they only be looking at Sumter county?

rubicon 08-22-2017 05:23 AM

We all look at the same thing and come away with entirely different views. I lived in what was written in similar surveys and publications as the best city in America for a number of years. My friends inform me with an air of chagrin that this is no longer the case.

Perhaps it never was true? Perhaps if something is repeated enough times it becomes true? Perhaps this city became a victim of its own notoriety? For many of us just being alive anywhere makes anywhere #1 in its ranking, and in that TV ranks in 1st place:D

Personal Best Regards:

twoplanekid 08-22-2017 09:50 AM

I can’t justify the numbers other than stating that it was in the Villages Daily Sun so it must be true.:)

Being second in growth doesn’t necessarily correlate to what mater planned community is the best.:wave:

The RCLCO editors must not have received the information on recent Village land purchases as they stated “The Villages, which is nearing build-out”.
:024:

Challenger 08-22-2017 10:06 AM

Coincidentally ,the fastest growing and quickest disappearing large development in the US sprung up on the Irvine Ranch in 1953. Overnight the empty cattle grazing area became a city of over 50,00 young people -almost all under 19 yrs old males. Less than two weeks later the site was complete vacant again.

I know this for a fact as I was one of the Scouts attending the 1953 National Jamboree

dewilson58 08-22-2017 10:08 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 08-22-2017 12:04 PM

Yawn :icon_bored:

I love it here. What do I care if we're the number one community in sales or the number 200 community in sales? Or if those are new home sales or resales?

Why does anyone except possibly the Morse family care about this?

manaboutown 08-22-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1438732)
Coincidentally ,the fastest growing and quickest disappearing large development in the US sprung up on the Irvine Ranch in 1953. Overnight the empty cattle grazing area became a city of over 50,00 young people -almost all under 19 yrs old males. Less than two weeks later the site was complete vacant again.

I know this for a fact as I was one of the Scouts attending the 1953 National Jamboree

Afterwhich the powers that were named a thoroughfare Jamboree!

twoplanekid 08-23-2017 04:42 PM

Here is a link to another interesting 2016 RCLCO special report on master-planned communities for those interested in the subject.

http://www.rclco.com/pub/doc/RCLCO-S...NAL-V2-web.pdf