Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Service Smart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/service-smart-245963/)

Lee314 09-01-2017 03:40 PM

Service Smart

I know I am not the first to be burned by service smart but they should be stopped. They solicited me on the very day I closed on house and I foolishly signed up with them. Pure hell. Never cut grass on time. Their workers have no knowledge about proper plant trimming and in the end your yard will be ruined.
They survive on new residents in The Villages and are operating on somewhat of a Ponzi scheme. Too bad we can't all get together and file a class action suit. Sorry I really needed to vent. New residents please be aware.
Found out I am dumber than I look.

redwitch 09-01-2017 06:29 PM

Well, you're in a good crowd. Service Smart has fooled many people. This is al least their third name change. Probably time for a new name pretty soon. Regardless, they'll be great in the beginning and then go from sad to pathetic to unforgivable. Sorry you got rooked in.

69Ludwigs 09-02-2017 04:55 PM

THE WORST managed "business" in this area.

normandy 09-03-2017 10:50 AM

Service smart is the worst of the worst, do not care about you after they get their payment in full. We made that mistake, do not even call you back, service house when they want too and that is very few times a month. Do not hire service smart they suck.

Kahuna32162 09-03-2017 12:00 PM

The first thing every new villager should be told at closing is NEVER, NEVER pay in advance for a year long contract just to save a few bucks. Only trust a service that will let you pay by the month and contractors who only get paid when the job is completed and you are satisfied. We will have thousands on new villagers moving here over the next 5 years and they all need to be told.

LittleDog 09-03-2017 01:36 PM

However I have had Superior Services of Florida to do pest control, termite protection, and fertilization. I pay annually and never had a problem with them and they have been servicing me for 12 years. However, I would caution others to be very careful when paying for a full year.

John

Coal Miner 09-20-2017 07:03 PM

Terrible,they acknowledge that they owe me a refund of$190 and promise to pay me soon. This has gone on for the last 6 months. Very unethical company.

curly top 10-31-2017 04:39 PM

There are currently about 200+ unhappy customers myself being one of them. We paid for the entire year and they have only cut our lawn twice and whenever we call inquiring as to why no one has come their phone representative lies and says someone will be there today and no one shows up. They should be banned from doing business in TV and should refund money for services not rendered.

Cobh521 10-31-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1442530)
Well, you're in a good crowd. Service Smart has fooled many people. This is al least their third name change. Probably time for a new name pretty soon. Regardless, they'll be great in the beginning and then go from sad to pathetic to unforgivable. Sorry you got rooked in.

A new company already started with the same family. It is called Revelent

Wiotte 10-31-2017 05:41 PM

Seems that the Service Smart website is shut down. I will try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uberschaf 10-31-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobh521 (Post 1468942)
A new company already started with the same family. It is called Revelent

Yeah I know that company, they come around Pine Hills and want to sell me sprinkler donuts and gutters .I asked them why I needed sprinkler donuts and he said "so the lawnmower guys can see your sprinkler heads" and I said our sprinkler heads are hidden in the grass that's what they are meant to do. Then he wanted to sell me gutters for my new house (built in May/17) I said that I didn't have a cellar so why do I need gutters?

Then the tattooed man walked away .....to the next house down the street.

Ingenuity 11-01-2017 03:27 PM

We moved into Fenny last week and closed last Monday. The Smart guy came and knocked on the door @ 9am on Tuesday. Handed me a list of addresses that looked liked they added up to nearly 100. Stated these were all the people in the neighborhood that were getting lawn service from his company. I had been researching Fenny and other areas in TV, and knew some of those homes were not fully built yet or people had not moved in yet. I called him out on the list and told him to leave my property. Lo and behold he came back the next day and asked if I had thought about it. I said yes and closed the door. He has not been back.

69Ludwigs 11-01-2017 09:16 PM

Cancelled Today

Told "Service Fart" not to set foot on my property ever again.

Wiotte 11-01-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Ludwigs (Post 1469346)
Told "Service Fart" not to set foot on my property ever again.

Funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk