Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Web Cams Down? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/web-cams-down-246288/)

njbchbum 09-10-2017 08:30 PM

Web Cams Down?

Seems I can't get any web cams from the squares...anyone have any other local cams they know are operating?

Schaumburger 09-10-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 1445911)
Seems I can't get any web cams from the squares...anyone have any other local cams they know are operating?

The web cams at the 3 squares are not working for me either; I haven't had any luck with them earlier today either. I don't know of any other local web cams for The Villages.

njbchbum 09-10-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1445923)
The web cams at the 3 squares are not working for me either; I haven't had any luck with them earlier today either. I don't know of any other local web cams for The Villages.

Thanx - did an internet search and found nothing close. :(

2CopsMom 09-10-2017 09:05 PM

I was hoping to watch the web cams too. I wonder if they took them down in advance of the storm.
Ya'll stay safe down there.

John_W 09-10-2017 09:44 PM

I just tried and the SS webcam was working but a lot of moisture on the lens. Could be the capacity is reached, I believe only 500 can be on any one camera at a time. You might try going on each webcam separate and not use the 3 on 1 webpage.

Last night I was on Sloppy Joe's Webcam in Key West until about 9pm, and then I had to reload and then couldn't get back on. I think that is what happens, people will sit on the site and new people can't get on until someone leaves. I was looking at some Panama City and Pensacola Beach webcams today and they actually tell you how many are online and they will give you control, but you must wait your turn. Even with nothing going on in the panhandle, they had 18 or 20 viewers online whenever I was watching.

John_W 09-11-2017 12:22 AM

On The Villages site I cannot get the webcams to load. On the 3 on 1 website I can get two of the squares but not at the same time, I had SS and now I've got LSL to work.

The Villages 3 Webcams

garrykolb 09-11-2017 04:22 AM

I got an error stating that the maximum number of connections was reached, so it looks like everyone is trying to look at webcams. I keep trying and occasionally get connected to one or another.

pauld315 09-11-2017 05:03 AM

This lady has been broadcasting all night, she is near Mulberry

Hurricane Irma Live From The Villages - YouTube

Schaumburger 09-11-2017 06:00 AM

I finally am able to see the web cam at Lake Sumter Landing. The branches on the palm trees are really going, but other than that, the web cam view from LSL looks normal.

Hope you all stay safe as you start to venture outside this morning to check out your properties and your neighborhoods.

Taltarzac725 09-11-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1446061)
I finally am able to see the web cam at Lake Sumter Landing. The branches on the palm trees are really going, but other than that, the web cam view from LSL looks normal.

Hope you all stay safe as you start to venture outside this morning to check out your properties and your neighborhoods.

The forecasters say to stay inside until all the weather passes after lunch.