Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Expert A Golf Cart Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-golf-cart-question-230/)
-   -   1996 CC DS F/R switch (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-golf-cart-question-230/1996-cc-ds-f-r-switch-246583/)

ajbrown 09-15-2017 09:25 AM

1996 CC DS F/R switch

Hello, hope you came through the hurricane OK. I am sending this as Cart World did not fair so well and are closed. I bought a F/R switch for a good friend's 1996 CC and went to put it in last weekend and it does not match the instructions.

I have attached two pictures. One is the instructions that come with the part. One is a picture of the new part.

The instructions match the part that is in the cart. The new part is different. I am hopeful that the instructions are wrong and the part has changed a bit.

You have an opinion on this? Thanks, Alan

F/R Switch - Google Photos

Frank7 09-15-2017 11:08 PM

Sorry was not able to open your pics on photobucket, however the replacement F & R switch for that year cart should be adaptable.
That is assuming the micro switches are correct.

Frank7 09-16-2017 07:23 AM

Thanks for converting pics To Google, I see your problem and the switch you have is not a simple task to adapt to a 96 series cart, your cart is color wires and must be rung out to install the newer switch.
You may find that using the machinical parts from the new switch that are worn out on the old may be useful in rebuilding the old switch that is compatible for the 96 cart.

Frank7 09-16-2017 07:24 AM

Thanks for converting pics To Google, I see your problem and the switch you have is not a simple task to adapt to a 96 series cart, your cart is color wires and must be rung out to install the newer switch.
You may find that using the machinical parts from the new switch that are worn out on the old may be useful in rebuilding the old switch that is compatible for the 96 cart.

ajbrown 09-16-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank7 (Post 1448809)

Interesting. So, you do not believe the Club car dealer has a different part? They have no power, so I cannot ask :(

I could do as you suggest (would rather get new part) as the old switch is bad due to an overheat issue on a 'big' cable connection. My guess is the connection became loose and overheated, just a guess.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this...