Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   A non-white majority????? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/non-white-majority-246620/)

rubicon 09-16-2017 12:45 PM

A non-white majority?????

"The US census makes a critical assumption that undermines its prediction of a majority -non-white country.

It projects that the same number of people who currently identify themselves as "Latino or Asian" will continue to claim those identities in future generations....

History shows that as ethnics groups assimilate into American culture, they increasingly identify themselves as "white"...

In the 2010 Census, 53% of Latino's identified as "white", as did more than half of the Asian Americans of mixed parentage...

Unless ethnic identification is defined in purely racial - and - racist terms, the census the projection are straight out wrong and profoundly misleading.

So is the assumption that Latinos and Asians will continue to vote at an overwhelming clip for Democrats.

The view, which underpins the whole idea of a "new American majority" , ignores the diversity that already prevails among voters lumped together as "Latino or Asian".

Cuban-Americans in Miami vote very differently from Mexican-Americans in Los Angles; immigrants from Japan or Viet Nam come from starkly different cultures than those from south Korea or China."

New Republic October issue
By John Judis

Personal Best Regards:

Wiotte 09-16-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1448975)
"The US census makes a critical assumption that undermines its prediction of a majority -non-white country.

It projects that the same number of people who currently identify themselves as "Latino or Asian" will continue to claim those identities in future generations....

History shows that as ethnics groups assimilate into American culture, they increasingly identify themselves as "white"...

In the 2010 Census, 53% of Latino's identified as "white", as did more than half of the Asian Americans of mixed parentage...

Unless ethnic identification is defined in purely racial - and - racist terms, the census the projection are straight out wrong and profoundly misleading.

So is the assumption that Latinos and Asians will continue to vote at an overwhelming clip for Democrats.

The view, which underpins the whole idea of a "new American majority" , ignores the diversity that already prevails among voters lumped together as "Latino or Asian".

Cuban-Americans in Miami vote very differently from Mexican-Americans in Los Angles; immigrants from Japan or Viet Nam come from starkly different cultures than those from south Korea or China."

New Republic October issue

By John Judis

Personal Best Regards:

The melting pot does and always will exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chi-Town 09-16-2017 02:10 PM

I feel Donny B approaching

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

CowBubba 09-16-2017 02:16 PM

I don't see the big deal.

Don Baldwin 09-16-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
The melting pot does and always will exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "melting pot" was white Europeans mixing. America was 90% white and immigration was 90% white...up until the mid 1960s and Johnson's "great society" began the darkening of America and it's downfall.

America began a slow collapse that day.

What is better? Name me a statistic that has improved. We've dropped from #1 to #25, we're $20 TRILLION in the hole and each year we add over a $ trillion more. Education is down. The economy is fake propped up by the Fed lending and buying assets. Happiness is down. Safety is down. More and more on welfare then ever before. Violence is up.

ALL because America has gone from 90% white to 49%.

rubicon 09-17-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
The "melting pot" was white Europeans mixing. America was 90% white and immigration was 90% white...up until the mid 1960s and Johnson's "great society" began the darkening of America and it's downfall.

America began a slow collapse that day.

What is better? Name me a statistic that has improved. We've dropped from #1 to #25, we're $20 TRILLION in the hole and each year we add over a $ trillion more. Education is down. The economy is fake propped up by the Fed lending and buying assets. Happiness is down. Safety is down. More and more on welfare then ever before. Violence is up.

ALL because America has gone from 90% white to 49%.

I view the article as a good sign. It seems only self-interests keep peddling the racist theme for fame or fortunate. For the rest of us the great melting pot is working for one reason or another. Stated another way the majority is and will always be "Americans" period.
and Americans believe that divided we fall and so united we will remain

Personal Best Regards:

Don Baldwin 09-17-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I view the article as a good sign. It seems only self-interests keep peddling the racist theme for fame or fortunate. For the rest of us the great melting pot is working for one reason or another. Stated another way the majority is and will always be "Americans" period.
and Americans believe that divided we fall and so united we will remain

Personal Best Regards:

But we're NOT united...we're DIVIDED along racial lines. We are a bunch of squabbling minorities.

How well are blacks/Hispanics "melting" into society? Seems to me they WANT to be "different". They want their own things, they don't want to be part of us. They HATE "us".

WHAT has gotten better? What statistic has IMPROVED?

OldManTime 09-17-2017 08:55 AM

And why not Blacks mentioned?

Taltarzac725 09-17-2017 10:10 AM

I expect that the Villages will have a much more diversified population in 100 years or so and probably be all the way to Lake Okeechobee.

Maybe, they will build floating villas and houses over that as well? Floating Homes • Nifty Homestead

CowBubba 09-17-2017 10:47 AM

And with a white supremacist as the pres, we are in for bad things. Trump is a racist pig.

Taltarzac725 09-17-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
And with a white supremacist as the pres, we are in for bad things. Trump is a racist pig.

Think he plays to the alt-right which includes some white supremacists. He just says whatever he believes will get him elected and remain popular with his base. He is a salesman and con man.

He does not really have a history of saying racist things before the 2016 Election. He does seem to hate President Barack Obama but that seems a very personal thing between those two.

Don Baldwin 09-17-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Think he plays to the alt-right which includes some white supremacists. He just says whatever he believes will get him elected and remain popular with his base. He is a salesman and con man.

He does not really have a history of saying racist things before the 2016 Election. He does seem to hate President Barack Obama but that seems a very personal thing between those two.

If he identified as a "racist"...would he have been elected?

The BEST thing he could do for this country is deport ALL the anchor babies AND their kids too...and cut off welfare to the blacks .

Things would be nasty and violent for a few months...but then we'd have America back.

If we don't act DRASTICALLY...we lose our country and our culture.

Sandtrap328 09-17-2017 11:45 AM

Go back to your troll hole, Donnie. Don't come out until we call you out - and that ain't gonna happen!

P.S. Your breath stinks. barf

Don Baldwin 09-17-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Go back to your troll hole, Donnie. Don't come out until we call you out - and that ain't gonna happen!

P.S. Your breath stinks. barf

Why do you women want to give away America for a minority majority Mexico II? Why do you ENCOURAGE blacks who DESTROY everything they touch?

I don't get the masochism. The self destruction. Do you REALLY think things are better now than the late 1950s? Women and blacks have quotas now...so YOU think things have improved? Gays with a sexual fetish for the same sex can marry and you call that a success? Anyone can now use ANY bathroom and you call that progress? Your doctor could have "failed" but because he was black...got a slot anyway...and you call that good?

You are so twisted in your views because you believe things that are simply not true. You've been indoctrinated from birth to think a certain way. WE are NO different to OUR children than the Muslims are to theirs. We chastise them for "brainwashing" when we ourselves are brainwashed.

America is falling...America is failing...because America is becoming a minority majority...there are NO successful minority majority countries...we WILL fail...we WILL fall just like ALL the rest.

Come on Sandy...debate me...PROVE the equality that you CLAIM. Show me the black Oxford, the black Microsoft, the black villages.

MDLNB 09-17-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

I have not seen or heard anything from the President as evidence to support your whining and petulant accusation, but I do get the idea that you are an idiot. But, that's just my opinion. Apparently, you have opened the forum up for personal opinions.