Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Large dog park on Moyer Loop.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/large-dog-park-moyer-loop-246697/)

TimeForChange 09-18-2017 09:23 AM

Large dog park on Moyer Loop....

Still closed. No damage but don't understand why it is not open. Anyone know? All it takes is remove the lock. Everything else looks fine as I was there this morning. I understand closed golf courses with water and cleanup needed. I understand some of the rec centers.

Bogie Shooter 09-18-2017 09:53 AM

Your answer is here:
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL* 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800

Takes about as long to call as post...........................

raynan 09-18-2017 11:40 AM

May need to dry out more or it would be a mud bath for pups?

graciegirl 09-18-2017 11:44 AM

There is a good reason I am sure.

cmj1210 09-18-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeForChange (Post 1449719)
Still closed. No damage but don't understand why it is not open. Anyone know? All it takes is remove the lock. Everything else looks fine as I was there this morning. I understand closed golf courses with water and cleanup needed. I understand some of the rec centers.

We were there Wednesday & at that time everything looked good. No puddles or wet areas. Atlas seems to drain very well there so I was surprised it was not open. With several days that has passed I'm surprised & disappointed that it has not yet opened. I will make sure I call them to inquire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kcrazorbackfan 09-18-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmj1210 (Post 1449817)
We were there Wednesday & at that time everything looked good. No puddles or wet areas. Atlas seems to drain very well there so I was surprised it was not open. With several days that has passed I'm surprised & disappointed that it has not yet opened. I will make sure I call them to inquire.

Please follow up with what you find out.

Taltarzac725 09-18-2017 09:18 PM

Doggie Doo Run Run is open but did have quite a lot of damage from what I saw when I was there on Wednesday.

It looked quite good today except for just a little bit of small broken branches and the like around and tree moss.

It must have drained well.

Wiotte 09-18-2017 09:34 PM

My wife spoke with the rec dept. r/e Atlas dog park. They need to inspect it prior to it's reopening. This is as of today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs. Robinson 09-19-2017 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiotte (Post 1450024)
My wife spoke with the rec dept. r/e Atlas dog park. They need to inspect it prior to it's reopening. This is as of today.

Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?

How many days do the poor doggies have to wait for someone to do a 15 minute (perhaps) inspection?
There isn't much to inspect; there are no trees, so what's left?
The fence and any wind tossed debris.
They could have asked a dog loving owner to do it!
(Yeah, I know. They can't do that, but there would have been faster results.)

cmj1210 09-19-2017 07:31 AM

Large dog park on Moyer Loop....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1449999)
Please follow up with what you find out.

I called & they said it will be closed until the park is inspected but if you also call maybe they would open it sooner.

Aloha1 09-19-2017 09:14 AM

Went past it this morning on my walk. One section is now open ( the large dog area) and all dogs are running around in it, large and small.