Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Emmy awards ratings lowest in years. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/emmy-awards-ratings-lowest-years-246709/)

graciegirl 09-18-2017 12:15 PM

Emmy awards ratings lowest in years.

Wonder why?:shrug:

Wiotte 09-18-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1449796)
Wonder why?:shrug:

Oh I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billethkid 09-18-2017 01:02 PM

Who wants to watch/listen to a bunch of self inflated phonies give their unsolicited political opinion.

Just because they get a national camera and microphone does not make them an expert. Just some privileged prejudiced "scripted performer" belching their view.

They are paid to entertain, which they sometimes do. Private opinions....save them for their own crowds.

CowBubba 09-18-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Oh I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched and thought it was great. That's who entertains me. Life is about a lot more than politics and government corruption.
Even Shawn Spicer was funny. Were retired so lighten up.

Don Baldwin 09-18-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I watched and thought it was great. That's who entertains me. Life is about a lot more than politics and government corruption.

Fiddle while Rome burns...

MDLNB 09-18-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Why does that not surprise anyone? Bet you loved it when Obama was bashed too. Oh yeah, that never happened, because there would have been racial riots.

MDLNB 09-18-2017 03:16 PM

"According to TV Line:

CBS’ broadcast of the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards is looking at a new all-time low, at least in the preliminary ratings. Scoring an 8.2/14 in metered market ratings, the show was down a tick from the 8.4/13 that ABC and Jimmy Kimmel woke up to a year ago. (The 2016 kudoscast went on to post 11.3 million total viewers and a 2.8 demo rating, which at the time marked all-time lows.)

The historic all-time-low viewership follows a grim trend for the self-congratulatory award show. According to Newsweek, the show is experiencing a steep 50% drop in viewership."

Rather see those losers at the theater where they are acting like someone else.

rubicon 09-18-2017 03:55 PM

People who watch award shows, beauty pageant the NFL, etc want to be entertain not forced to listen to someone's political positions.

The other issue is that so many of those celebrities never learned the lesson of less is more. the smart ones do their job, make their money and disappear. the over-exposed , over hyped lose their luster quickly.

I stopped watching all of the above long ago

Personal Best Regards:

missypie 09-18-2017 04:03 PM

Good. I don't care what Hollywood thinks.

Taltarzac725 09-18-2017 06:16 PM

This probably had a lot to do with the shows that were nominated for the Emmies. Other media are now attracting honors.

The Handmaid's Tale (TV series - Wikipedia)

Paper1 09-18-2017 06:44 PM

I did not watch it and never have but hope enough minorities won awards so I don't have to listen to white bias charges for the next month.

MDLNB 09-19-2017 04:36 AM

Typical liberal empty heads patting each other on their backs. Elite wannabe royalty with empty headed followers. Then they use all that money to stuff white stuff up their noses and adopt minority children to make themselves feel good. Like I said, I would rather they concentrate on pretending to be someone else, because they are the most empty brain dead mimickers of real life, and America does not want to know how much they are like the liberal losers that support them.

rubicon 09-19-2017 04:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
This probably had a lot to do with the shows that were nominated for the Emmies. Other media are now attracting honors.

The Handmaid's Tale (TV series - Wikipedia)

Interesting read. I keep asking myself why so many of the movies made either for the big or small screens are about doom and gloom?

You would believe that a Hollywood celebrity would be able to figure out that half of his/her fan base is in the other political camp. so why would you want to upset half of your fans?

Personal Best Regards:

Taltarzac725 09-19-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Interesting read. I keep asking myself why so many of the movies made either for the big or small screens are about doom and gloom?

You would believe that a Hollywood celebrity would be able to figure out that half of his/her fan base is in the other political camp. so why would you want to upset half of your fans?

Personal Best Regards:

The Handmaid's Tale - Wikipedia

The book is from 1985 and is a dystopian novel. Probably read by people in both political parties.

Emmy winners 2017: the complete list - The Verge