Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Town square music too loud (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/town-square-music-too-loud-246790/)

kenlynn426 09-20-2017 08:13 AM

Town square music too loud

Does anyone else feel the music in the town squares is too loud? Louder is not better! My husband and I were walking around Sumter Landing last night (and this has occurred at ALL of the town squares) and the music was so loud we had to leave. My husband approached the man in the sound booth and asked why the music was so loud and the man said "I'm sorry, I can't hear you"....my husband said "precisely the issue". We used to enjoy going to the town squares each night, but even when we sit across the street, it's so loud we can't even talk to each other.

Barefoot 09-20-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenlynn426 (Post 1450502)
Does anyone else feel the music in the town squares is too loud?

Lots of people are hearing-impaired in this retirement community.
I wear ear plugs in movies as I find them too loud.

graciegirl 09-20-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Does anyone else feel the music in the town squares is too loud? Louder is not better! My husband and I were walking around Sumter Landing last night (and this has occurred at ALL of the town squares) and the music was so loud we had to leave. My husband approached the man in the sound booth and asked why the music was so loud and the man said "I'm sorry, I can't hear you"....my husband said "precisely the issue". We used to enjoy going to the town squares each night, but even when we sit across the street, it's so loud we can't even talk to each other.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...89/#post585223

HUH?????

fred53 09-20-2017 08:21 AM

Yes it's too loud. Having an audience where many are hearing impaired is no excuse. Make a formal complaint.

Bogie Shooter 09-20-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

There was another thread sometime in the past, that the sound was not loud enough. Different strokes for different folks.

graciegirl 09-20-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred53 (Post 1450507)
Yes it's too loud. Having an audience where many are hearing impaired is no excuse. Make a formal complaint.

It is a conspiracy. I heard from the bartender that this is happening in order to further damage people's hearing and it is paid for by all of the Hearing Aid vendors in TV.

My rumor. My rules. My bartender.

kstew43 09-20-2017 08:29 AM

I am not attempting to bash anyone....,but, I like it loud. I sound much better singing to loud music.

We go to the squares at night for dancing and singing.

Last night, and many other times, we sat behind a group of 6 who talked constantly. As the music got louder, so did they. Go talk somewhere else.....my opinion....they were rude.....front row seats holding conversations......I came to hear the music, not you.... (added.....I came to hear music....not your past cruise trip...or your grandkids vacation......)

If I need to to talk to someone, I whisper in there ear.....works for me....

billethkid 09-20-2017 08:43 AM

Sounds like some are just getting older faster than others.

Dynsol 09-20-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1450520)
Sounds like some are just getting older faster than others.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

dewilson58 09-20-2017 08:54 AM

What???

blueash 09-20-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 1450512)
I am not attempting to bash anyone....,but, I like it loud. I sound much better singing to loud music.

We go to the squares at night for dancing and singing.

Last night, and many other times, we sat behind a group of 6 who talked constantly. As the music got louder, so did they. Go talk somewhere else.....my opinion....they were rude.....front row seats holding conversations......I came to hear the music, not you....

If I need to to talk to someone, I whisper in there ear.....works for me....

I might gently point out the others at the square most certainly did not go there to hear YOU singing They came perhaps to hear the musicians not YOU. If you need to sing to someone perhaps you should whisper sing in there [sic] ear. Go sing somewhere else unless the actual musicians invite you to join in a sing-along. Perhaps the sound man is cranking it up to obscure your cacophonous intrusion.

Ok, maybe that wasn't gentle and if your post misleadingly lead me to a wrong conclusion that you are one of those people, I'll delete

Chi-Town 09-20-2017 09:20 AM

Sometimes there are so many side conversations going on during a performance that a higher volume is necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ednetdl 09-20-2017 09:33 AM

I sure hope you are not successful in getting it lowered. Classic Rock (which much of the entertainment is) is better loud. If you find it bothersome, I would suggest you not walk there.

CowBubba 09-20-2017 10:01 AM

Turn it up. Always quiet places out in the woods. Don't complain about music in The squares and stop complaining about people drinking in bars.

Villagevip 09-20-2017 10:20 AM

You know, people buy a house near an airport..then complain...Buy a house near a pickle ball court, then complain...At least you can walk away, avoid this irritation during loud music time,...and not not ruin it for the majority...