Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   RV owners ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rv-owners-246895/)

Chatbrat 09-22-2017 02:44 PM

RV owners ?

There is an owner of a Motorhome who lives near our house--he constantly runs his generator -all day & into the evening hours prior to taking a land cruise

Would it be inappropriate to recommend installing an rv electrical out so we and others don't have to hear his generator and be subject to engine fumes

Fredman 09-22-2017 02:53 PM

Sounds like a reasonable request

villagerjack 09-22-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1451451)
There is an owner of a Motorhome who lives near our house--he constantly runs his generator -all day & into the evening hours prior to taking a land cruise

Would it be inappropriate to recommend installing an rv electrical out so we and others don't have to hear his generator and be subject to engine fumes

Maybe he is a restaurant owner getting back at you for your "Reviews"?

manaboutown 09-22-2017 03:03 PM

Seems more than inconsiderate to me, more like a public nuisance...especially if it is a diesel. Phew!

Chatbrat 09-22-2017 03:03 PM

Most of the restaurants I've reviewed are history, batting 1000% --willing to say the two latest ones will be history as soon as their leases expire

It wasn't rocket science to figure out -that Honest John's. Las Tapas, and the original Havana before Hemingways would not make it-- too bad Hemingways gave control to a mgt company--then they lost control--so sad

graciegirl 09-23-2017 08:33 AM

Well said Teryl.

Sometimes people who live around you require a short stint of plain old fashioned patience, which they are willing to extend to YOU when it is your turn to do something slightly annoying. Neighboring is not only a skill, but a blessing.

n8xwb 09-23-2017 08:57 AM

Sounds reasonable to me. We have a 36' gas powered motor home and never have to run the generator when we prepare it for a trip. I use a heavy duty extension cord and can still run one air conditioner and the fridge. I can't see any reading why he would want to burn fuel for hours and hours as he packs his RV. Perhaps someone is actually staying in the coach?? That isn't allowed here. Good luck.

dnobles 09-23-2017 09:09 AM

If you know anyone who wants a motor home our friends have a beautiful one for sale Immaculate condition Contact me I'll give them your information

graciegirl 09-23-2017 10:51 AM

Mr. Brat. Did this occur during the time the power was down with Irma???

Chatbrat 09-23-2017 05:13 PM

We never lost power-- the RV owner is to cheap to install a,proper outlet and cord connector

graciegirl 09-23-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1452179)
We never lost power-- the RV owner is to cheap to install a,proper outlet and card connector

Sad.

BogeyBoy 09-23-2017 05:57 PM

A suggestion

When we had our big diesel motorhome I would run the generator while we were loading - a few hours a day. I never noticed fumes nor did I get any complaints. (But I never ran it in the evening or at night.)

What I did when I wasn't running the generator was plug the rv into a regular 110 outlet - plenty of power to keep the refrigerator cold and making ice. Maybe you could suggest that he try that.

kstew43 09-23-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BogeyBoy (Post 1452191)
When we had our big diesel motorhome I would run the generator while we were loading - a few hours a day. I never noticed fumes nor did I get any complaints. (But I never ran it in the evening or at night.)

What I did when I wasn't running the generator was plug the rv into a regular 110 outlet - plenty of power to keep the refrigerator cold and making ice. Maybe you could suggest that he try that.

ours uses electric, generator and propane......every hour you run your generator is calculated. The more hours on the genny, the less money the coach will sell for....so needless to say, running the genny for no reason makes not alot of sense.....
I do however trip the house breaker when we use the frig on 110...sometimes....but don't feel the need to install a rv plug in the garage for the few times we do use the thing....

So there must be a certain reason he does that....?

kcrazorbackfan 09-23-2017 06:48 PM

It all depends on the size of the panel at the home. Most homes, from what I understand, only has 100amp panels. Most motorhomes require either 30 amp or 50 amp of service running to them to keep the a/c's and the frig. going. If he did run a separate point to plug into, he would probably have to upgrade the panel into his home. I know because we've had 6 motorhomes and 5th wheels and luckily all homes had large enough panels for the load to the receptacle's we had installed.

Fred R 09-23-2017 07:18 PM

Does anyone ever post something POSITIVE about a neighbor on this site or does everyone simply complain ALL the time?