Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where is Fema or The Villages Yard Waste Disposal (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-fema-villages-yard-waste-disposal-247705/)

mtdjed 10-09-2017 05:01 PM

Where is Fema or The Villages Yard Waste Disposal

Now over 4 weeks since lawn waste removal in Caroline. I have no Irma trash and 4 weeks worth of lawn waste in Paper bags. Paper bags disintegrating, vermin accumulating in 7 bags. Yes I know that resources probably needed elsewhere like LSL which was clear the day after, but we do not even have a promise.

When do we again get our service or do we have to wait for all of southern Florida to be cleared first?

Pick up is only going to get harder as the bags disintegrate.

villagetinker 10-09-2017 05:14 PM

Check with the CDD website, they have been sending out regular updates regarding both FEMA and normal yard waste pickups.

jsw14 10-09-2017 05:50 PM

As far as I know Fema will NOT Pick-Up UR Yard Debris in Bag's. They R look'in for the BIG Stuff that is in UR neighbor Hood...

graciegirl 10-09-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsw14 (Post 1459568)
As far as I know Fema will NOT Pick-Up UR Yard Debris in Bag's. They R look'in for the BIG Stuff that is in UR neighbor Hood...

They took bags and piles of debris in our Village on Saturday.

They are coming.

jsw14 10-09-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1459579)
They took bags and piles of debris in our Village on Saturday.

They are coming.

Good for U.... Fema was only look'in for Big stuff in Our Hood....

pauld315 10-09-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsw14 (Post 1459568)

They took everything from our street as well

mtdjed 10-09-2017 07:43 PM

Quite frankly, I don't think FEMA should have to pick up the normal lawn waste. But it seems that The Villages has that expectation since they have quit picking up.

graciegirl 10-09-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 1459604)
Quite frankly, I don't think FEMA should have to pick up the normal lawn waste. But it seems that The Villages has that expectation since they have quit picking up.

Think for a minute. What would you do if you were in charge? Tell people the regular pick up would pick up three bags and 16 fronds and up to 400 pounds of tree limbs? Or just wait for Fema. There were many, many, many times the amount that regular delivery would have picked up after the storm. How would you pick up the "regular" amount?

You'd be damned and criticized no matter what sort of compromise you would offer. People enjoy being nasty about those wealthy Morses.

fromct 10-09-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 1459548)
Now over 4 weeks since lawn waste removal in Caroline. I have no Irma trash and 4 weeks worth of lawn waste in Paper bags. Paper bags disintegrating, vermin accumulating in 7 bags. Yes I know that resources probably needed elsewhere like LSL which was clear the day after, but we do not even have a promise.

When do we again get our service or do we have to wait for all of southern Florida to be cleared first?

Pick up is only going to get harder as the bags disintegrate.

In case you haven't heard of a weekly meeting held by the District called Welcome Wednesday, here's a link to items discussed at the latest meeting.

VCDD Welcome Wednesday

I'd like to see that at least one of the chronic complainers on this forum took the time to attend one of these meetings and addressed their opinions, etc. to the people responsible for addressing them - instead of posting them on here - and then came back here and told us both sides of the story. I know that's not as much fun as venting, but it just might be a little more productive.

Thank goodness it's almost time for the 'seasonals' to return so we can blame everything on them..........:crap2:

Chi-Town 10-09-2017 09:53 PM

A lot of neighborhoods have had private lawn bag pick up by enterprising landscapers. 5 bucks does the trick for a few bags. 10 for a few more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NotGolfer 10-09-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromct (Post 1459634)
In case you haven't heard of a weekly meeting held by the District called Welcome Wednesday, here's a link to items discussed at the latest meeting.

VCDD Welcome Wednesday

I'd like to see that at least one of the chronic complainers on this forum took the time to attend one of these meetings and addressed their opinions, etc. to the people responsible for addressing them - instead of posting them on here - and then came back here and told us both sides of the story. I know that's not as much fun as venting, but it just might be a little more productive.

Thank goodness it's almost time for the 'seasonals' to return so we can blame everything on them..........:crap2:

Thank you for this response...but those who are the consistent complainers seem to continue to do so. I think it's because they're unhappy and/or have way too much time on their hands.....OR....just take glee in stirring the pot. I'd read somewhere today where the pickups were being done in Largo. That being said...tonight around 5 or so we saw two large trucks with trailers PLUS a large dump truck filled with debris heading south on Morse past 466a. This community is very large and to go over each street and road-way takes time. We're still seeing debris along the road-ways outside of T.V. as well.

Barefoot 10-09-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromct (Post 1459634)
Thank goodness it's almost time for the 'seasonals' to return so we can blame everything on them.:crap2:

:evil6: Any time now, the migratory humanoids will start to arrive. :evil6:
We just celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving on October 9 - most of my Canadian buddies arrive at the end of October. :pepper2: :2excited:

Taltarzac725 10-10-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1459671)
:evil6: Any time now, the migratory humanoids will start to arrive. :evil6:
We just celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving on October 9 - most of my Canadian buddies arrive at the end of October. :pepper2: :2excited:

I saw the claw around where you live Barefoot yesterday near the Belvedere Mail Stop and Pool.

Welcome back soon. It will be good to see all the snowbirds again.

kcrazorbackfan 10-10-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1459664)
Thank you for this response...but those who are the consistent complainers seem to continue to do so. I think it's because they're unhappy and/or have way too much time on their hands.....OR....just take glee in stirring the pot. I'd read somewhere today where the pickups were being done in Largo. That being said...tonight around 5 or so we saw two large trucks with trailers PLUS a large dump truck filled with debris heading south on Morse past 466a. This community is very large and to go over each street and road-way takes time. We're still seeing debris along the road-ways outside of T.V. as well.

But, BUT, the privileged/entitled demand that their debris be taken away before anyone else's and have decided to move theirs to rec centers or postal stations. It's the same class of people that leave ball marks, divots and unraked traps for the rest of us to deal with; the same class of people that think they can bully and run roughshod over everyone else. Enough is enough.

big guy 10-10-2017 10:14 AM

Our Irma debris, in Sunset Pointe, was finally picked up early morning Sunday, Oct 8. Hooray, I can see my driveway!!