Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Driveway Pavers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/driveway-pavers-247744/)

terrynado 10-10-2017 02:26 PM

Driveway Pavers

can anyone recommend a driveway paver installer

Newbeginnings 10-11-2017 06:29 AM

Paradise Pavers & Coping (352) 753-2156, they did ours and very pleased, efficient, good ethical work crew, we have had NO issues with the pavers cracking. Neil is the owner, great guy and that is all they do, just pavers, and have it down to a well oiled machine, when we landscaped we split the business because Paradise had much more information and expertise compared to the landscaper who wanted the job bad, glad we went with them.

raynan 10-11-2017 08:55 AM

I recommend Paradise Pavers also. We had an issue with water getting in garage during hurricane but they are in the process of fixing. Put gasket on floor yesterday, waiting for it to dry. They told us to call if any further problems. Very accommodating and will fix til right. I'm happy with them and driveway looks great.

Stdole 10-12-2017 08:47 PM

Another vote for Paradise Pavers... Good Business Practice.

NoMoSno 10-12-2017 08:56 PM

I thought it was standard practice to grind the existing concrete at the garage door and the street, so when the pavers are installed they are at the correct flush level.
Looks like some installers are not doing it correctly.

rjm1cc 10-13-2017 04:58 PM

Be sure to research the thickness of the stones. I think you want 2 1/2 inches.

raynan 10-14-2017 01:24 PM

The garage floor gasket Paradise Pavers installed last week to stop water getting into garage seems to have worked. We had rain last night.

villagetinker 10-14-2017 07:58 PM

Also, remember you have continuing maintenance with pavers, possible sand washouts, and sealing. We painted our driveway to look like pavers, no maintenance for 5 to 7 years, and I have a neighbor that wishes they had done that, he is doing maintenance 2-3 times per year.
I agree with above comment about the 2.5 inch pavers, and cutting down the apron at the garage door, you need to have the same height as the original concrete when to project is finished.
Try doing a search on this site, this is a lot of info, both pro and con, but as I recall, thin pavers are not recommended.

Chi-Town 10-15-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1461678)
Also, remember you have continuing maintenance with pavers, possible sand washouts, and sealing. We painted our driveway to look like pavers, no maintenance for 5 to 7 years, and I have a neighbor that wishes they had done that, he is doing maintenance 2-3 times per year.
I agree with above comment about the 2.5 inch pavers, and cutting down the apron at the garage door, you need to have the same height as the original concrete when to project is finished.
Try doing a search on this site, this is a lot of info, both pro and con, but as I recall, thin pavers are not recommended.

I wonder if Irma caused a sand washout. Some of my pavers actually shifted.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk