Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Phil vs Carolina National Anthem a No-Show (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/phil-vs-carolina-national-anthem-no-show-247844/)

JGVillages 10-12-2017 07:58 PM

Phil vs Carolina National Anthem a No-Show

Our media has chosen to suppress our ability to even watch the National Anthem tonight (Thu Night FB) by heading to a commercial just prior and returning to air for kick-off. Thought I would tune in for a few minutes to see what what would happen but the powers to be at CBS and the NFL decided not to air the anthem, mistakenly believing this would help deflate this controversy, by not allowing viewers to decide on their own. Just adding more fuel to the fire. Tuned out at kick-off!

simpkinp 10-12-2017 08:39 PM

Good for you! I stand and hold my hand over my heart. We are so blessed to be in this wonderful country. Thank you. I am boycotting the NFL entirely. I found out I don’t miss it. I am really enjoying College Football. I have always been a college fan, but much more now. At least they have the co7rage to enforce school and team rules. Let the felons have Sunday.

Mleeja 10-12-2017 08:54 PM

Fox, CBS, and NBC did the same this past Sunday.

billethkid 10-12-2017 09:49 PM

Example main stream media managing what they want us to know?

DonH57 10-12-2017 11:37 PM

My guess is most major networks use the time the anthem's played to run commercials to make money. It's been done for years. Old news.

CFrance 10-13-2017 02:02 AM

The major networks have always gone to commercial during the national anthem at football. It's only recently that they started showing it because of the protest.

l2ridehd 10-13-2017 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1460985)
The major networks have always gone to commercial during the national anthem at football. It's only recently that they started showing it because of the protest.

Until recently, I never remember a NFL game that didn't show the national anthem. Another example of the media trying to manage our beliefs and opinions. They no longer broadcast the news, only their opinion.

rubicon 10-13-2017 05:07 AM

The national anthem has always been sacrosanct and a time of reflection for the men and women who gave blood and treasure to preserve our way of life.

For any television station to place profit over this important reflection speaks for itself.

American sports, specifically the NFL and NBA no longer hold to their original intent and like Hollywood the under belly is something we ll rather not think about.

P. Ditty of infamous fame suggests that black and white athletes compete in leagues of their own . That indeed is very telling in itself as to where many of the black community are on this issue, especially when one connects the. fact that blacks at universities demand separate dorms from whites.

This thinking is very dangerous and can flip on a dime and those feeding it must be stopped.

Personal Best Regards:

Rockyrd 10-13-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1460985)

Thanks for reminding all of facts, although it does no good.

The anthem is very very seldom shown on television.

karostay 10-13-2017 06:55 AM

I don't support any sport ending with the word ball
Unless it's college' minor league ,little league ect ect

I only support and watch only golf, tennis,horseshoes bowling and few others
These folks have to earn the're money earn the're ranking week after week year after year or go home...

No pot of cash waiting if they loose . In the majors few fumbles few missed fly balls few missed 3 pointers you're still a millionair.

Miss a few putts,couple of gutter balls.couple of balls outta bounds then see who gets paid.

Yes some have large endorsements ..They earned it
It's not handed to them

Un like these contract millionaires who now think their C.R.A.P don't stink after college have major league teams sign them up in the name Profit
Sad it's no longer about the sport it's Money Money Money

Fredster 10-13-2017 08:01 AM

Haven’t watched the NFL in weeks, and haven’t missed it a bit!

Rockyrd 10-13-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1460997)
Until recently, I never remember a NFL game that didn't show the national anthem. Another example of the media trying to manage our beliefs and opinions. They no longer broadcast the news, only their opinion.

Not sure what you are watching, but with the exception of championship games, etc, the national anthem is NEVER shown on television, and hasn't been for a long time.

The media is not managing anything and the only reason that it is on big games like championships is because the league invites big names to sing or play and they want the attention.

Fact is, there have been a number of movements to stop playing the national anthem at sporting events (begun during the war) and which I would oppose.

But thanks again to CFRANCE for pointing out facts, instead of simply made up things

bimmertl 10-13-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpkinp (Post 1460928)
Good for you! I stand and hold my hand over my heart. We are so blessed to be in this wonderful country. Thank you. I am boycotting the NFL entirely. I found out I don’t miss it. I am really enjoying College Football. I have always been a college fan, but much more now. At least they have the co7rage to enforce school and team rules. Let the felons have Sunday.

Bet you are a big Gator fan!

9 Florida Gators facing multiple felony charges each - SBNation.com

Fredster 10-13-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmertl (Post 1461157)

There just in training for the NFL! ;)

Rockyrd 10-13-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredster (Post 1461166)
There just in training for the NFL! ;)

You are aware that this entire thread is based on a made up premise.